Stained Glass Jesus Craft
- Crayon Shavings, I suggest lighter colors like yellow, orange, red, pink. Darker ones tend to get ‘muddy’
- Wax paper cut to approx. 6″ x 9″ (you’ll need 2 sheets per student)
- Construction Paper for frame
- Yarn and Hole Punch
- Iron and Newspaper
- Put 1 sheet of wax paper down and spread crayon shavings all over.
- Cut out the Letters “JESUS” from black construction paper, and place in center. (You could also use a cross, dove, Christmas star, or any other symbol of Jesus you prefer.)
- Put 2nd sheet of wax paper on top and sandwich the two pieces between newspaper. Iron on low heat until crayon melts.
- Fold construction paper in half and cut out any shape you like from the center.
- Sandwich the ironed wax paper between the construction paper and glue the edges.
- Hole punch and tie with yarn to hang from window and enjoy!
- You can also write a verse on the construction paper to remind you that Jesus is the reason for the season!
Idea from My Father’s World Curriculum!