Sweet Tortilla Snowflakes
I found this fun recipe on Family Fun and had to try it. Ours didn’t quite look as cute as the professional ones, but they tasted great! I think I’m just obsessed with making snowflakes this year! Oh well, at least this one we can eat!
- Flour Tortillas (1 per flake, I made 8)
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Toppings: Confectioners’ sugar, Edible glitter, sprinkles, Cinnamon Sugar, etc
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Microwave tortillas 15 sec til warm
- Individually fold the tortilla in half once, then again, then again so you have a small triangle shape. (It will be quite thick)
- Using kitchen scissors cut shapes such as triangles, squares or circles out of the edges just like if you were making a paper snowflake. Carefully unfold.
- Lightly brush tops of snowflakes with canola or vegetable oil and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 4 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and edible glitter or Cinnamon Sugar. Enjoy!