Sweet Tortilla Snowflakes

I found this fun recipe on Family Fun and had to try it. Ours didn’t quite look as cute as the professional ones, but they tasted great! I think I’m just obsessed with making snowflakes this year! Oh well, at least this one we can eat!

• Flour Tortillas (1 per flake, I made 8)
  • Canola or vegetable oil
  • Toppings: Confectioners’ sugar, Edible glitter, sprinkles, Cinnamon Sugar, etc

• Heat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Microwave tortillas 15 sec til warm
  • Individually fold the tortilla in half once, then again, then again so you have a small triangle shape. (It will be quite thick)
  • Using kitchen scissors cut shapes such as triangles, squares or circles out of the edges just like if you were making a paper snowflake. Carefully unfold.
  • Lightly brush tops of snowflakes with canola or vegetable oil and place them on a cookie sheet.
  • Bake approximately 4 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and edible glitter or Cinnamon Sugar. Enjoy!

• Angela December 18, 2009 at 8:29 am

I just did a post about Tortilla Shells. this is such a fun idea. I think we will do this next week.

• Rebecca December 18, 2009 at 5:06 pm

This is such a cool idea!

• Hen Jen December 18, 2009 at 8:19 pm

those are really pretty!

• Confessions of a Homeschooler December 18, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Thanks they were yummy too!

• Wonder Mom December 20, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I am so glad you posted this! My daughter these at her friend's church for a snack and has been wanting to make them. Now we can do it!

• Deborah (Teach Preschool) December 21, 2009 at 1:17 pm

I love how you cut them into snowflakes. I would have never thought of that. I am thinking a little cinnamon sugar sounds good too!

• Confessions of a Homeschooler December 21, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Oh yeah, we put cinnamon sugar on some too, I forgot to put it in the ingredients LOL! Thanks for reminding me. Actually I have a good recipe for Fruit salsa and I use the cinnamon sugar tortilla strips for it, yummy!

• Tasha December 31, 2009 at 10:00 am

We made these yesterday and my kids had a blast! They turned out super yummy too so we went back and made some more 😀 I just found your blog the other day and I just love it! All your ideas are so great, it's totally encouraging me to do more hands on things with my kids! Thanks a ton!

• Scott January 7, 2010 at 6:04 am

This a great idea. "Snowflakes" that you can eat. I'll need to use this soon.