Wanna keep a couple kids busy for about 30 minutes? Give ‘em a stack of old broken crayons and have them peel and break them into tiny pieces so you can make some Rainbow Crayons for your Prek Letter R for Rainbow curriculum!
- used, broken crayons no one likes to use anymore!
- metal muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Fill muffin tin with chunks of peeled broken crayons (For our rainbow theme we mixed lots of colors together! They were really fun to draw with)
- Put muffin pan in oven for about 8-10 minutes or until crayons are melted.
- Once crayons are cooled, pop them out of your muffin pan for some fun rainbow coloring! Super easy and the kids love ‘em. And look how nicely they stack for storage! (ps…they came out of my muffin tin very easily…I only note this because I was slightly concerned about getting my pan cleaned…)