- 2-4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash oregano, basil, cumin (I use about 1 tsp per each spice)
- Sm. Can diced peeled green chilies (I use Hatch)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups Instant rice (Prepared)
- 2 heaping Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Can Hatch Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Monterrey/Colby cheese
- Olive oil for cooking (about 1-2 Tbsp)
- Flour Tortillas
- Optional: garnish with guacamole, sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil in pan and Sauté chicken, onion, garlic, spices and chopped chili until chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare 2 cups instant rice.
- In medium bowl, mix well chicken mixture, prepared rice, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, 2 heaping Tbsp sour cream and 1 can cream of chicken soup.
- Drizzle 9×13 pan with green chili enchilada sauce.
- Fill tortillas with mixture and wrap into burritos and place in 9×13 pan.
- Top finished burritos with remaining green chili sauce and sprinkle more shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until warm and bubbly
Serve with Spanish rice, guacamole, sour cream, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes.
Note: These burritos are a great freezer meal. Just prepare as directed above except don’t bake. Instead cover pan well and freeze. When you’re ready to eat them, thaw overnight in refrigerator and then bake as directed above.