Supply List for Letter of the Week
If you have purchased my Letter of the Week Curriculum, or are considering it, here are some additional supplies you’ll probably want to use with the curriculum.
Things we use OFTEN:
- Song time:
Hide ‘Em in Your Heart Vol 1
Hide ‘Em In Your Heart Songs – Vol 2
- Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- Expo Dry Erase Markers
- Pencils, Pip-Squeaks Markers
- Scissors (kids rounded ends)
- Magnets (I use Power Magnets, or pom-pom magnets – I made them using medium sized pom-poms and self-sticky circle magnets from the craft isle in Wal-mart. You can also use a glue gun and circle magnets, they’d probably holdup better!)
- Wooden Clothes pins (I got little ones from Wal-mart craft section)
- 1 ½ “ wooden disks from Michaels, hobby lobby, or JoAnn’s for the letter match games. (Note: you can also use left over milk caps) It’s also helpful to have a Xyron Sticker Maker so you don’t have to glue or Mod Podge all the letters on, but that’s totally optional! Click here to see how to make them.
- Hole Punch (For the Lacing Cards)
- A magnetic board of some kind: I found a colored cookie sheet at a used HS fair, but they have cute magnetic dry-erase boards that are small enough for workboxes in the school/office supply section at Wal-mart and Target.
- Counters: You can use marbles, beads, bingo markers, beans, cheerios, glass pebbles from the craft store, matchbox cars, dinosaurs, really anything you think your child will like. I have a few different ones just so I can switch them out.
- Yarn or string for lacing
- Laminator: You can either laminate at home, at a local teacher or office supply store, or not at all, it’s up to you. If you do choose to purchase a laminator, which most homeschoolers find quite useful, I recommend this one, you can find it at Wal-mart and Sam’s Clubs. It’s about $30 for the laminator and $14 for refill packets.
- Glue (I get the glue sticks usually)
- Paint & Large Sheets of Paper for painting
- Colored Construction Paper
- Large Thumb Tacks or Tooth Picks
- Pattern Block Activity Pack
- CREATIVE COLOR CUBES
- Magnetic Alphabet Letters Upper/Lowercase