If you have purchased my Letter of the Week Curriculum, or are considering it, here are some additional supplies you’ll probably want to use with the curriculum.
Things we use OFTEN:
- For Memory Verses and accompanying games/stories we use the following books:
ABC Memory Verses & My ABC Bible Verses
- Song time:
Hide ‘Em in Your Heart Vol 1
Hide ‘Em In Your Heart Songs – Vol 2
- Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- Expo Dry Erase Markers
- Pencils, Pip-Squeaks Markers
- Scissors (kids rounded ends)
- Magnets (I use Power Magnets, or pom-pom magnets – I made them using medium sized pom-poms and self-sticky circle magnets from the craft isle in Wal-mart. You can also use a glue gun and circle magnets, they’d probably holdup better!)
- Wooden Clothes pins (I got little ones from Wal-mart craft section)
- 1 ½ “ wooden disks from Michaels, hobby lobby, or JoAnn’s for the letter match games. (Note: you can also use left over milk caps) It’s also helpful to have a Xyron Sticker Maker so you don’t have to glue or Mod Podge all the letters on, but that’s totally optional! Click here to see how to make them.
- Hole Punch (For the Lacing Cards)
- A magnetic board of some kind: I found a colored cookie sheet at a used HS fair, but they have cute magnetic dry-erase boards that are small enough for workboxes in the school/office supply section at Wal-mart and Target.
- Counters: You can use marbles, beads, bingo markers, beans, cheerios, glass pebbles from the craft store, matchbox cars, dinosaurs, really anything you think your child will like. I have a few different ones just so I can switch them out.
- Yarn or string for lacing
- Laminator: You can either laminate at home, at a local teacher or office supply store, or not at all, it’s up to you. If you do choose to purchase a laminator, which most homeschoolers find quite useful, I recommend this one, you can find it at Wal-mart and Sam’s Clubs. It’s about $30 for the laminator and $14 for refill packets.
- Glue (I get the glue sticks usually)
- Paint & Large Sheets of Paper for painting
- Colored Construction Paper
- Large Thumb Tacks or Tooth Picks
- Pattern Block Activity Pack
- CREATIVE COLOR CUBES
- Magnetic Alphabet Letters Upper/Lowercase