Hola and welcome to our Expedition Earth week on Spain!
Of course we started off our week finding Spain on the map and stamping our passports:
Here are some of the things we covered this week:
- Located Spain and it’s capital on the map and completed our mapping worksheet
- Learned about their flag
- How to say “Hello” in Spanish – Hola, buenos dias (good day), gracias (thanky ou)
- Prayed for the Spanish people
- Learned a song in Spanish
- Completed a lapbook activity
- Learned about and classified 6 animals of Spain
- Vocabulary: Geography from A-Z: Straight
- Learned about Christopher Columbus (Even though he was originally from Italy, he spent most of his adult life in Spain)
- Learned about Pablo Picasso and tried a painting inspired by Deep Space Sparkle
- Went out for Spanish food…okay, so here it was more like Mexican food, but still yummy!
Here is our white board for the week. We review all the facts for our country each day before we review its location on the map. On Friday’s we cover all of the countries we’ve learned thus far to keep the information fresh!
We learned about the flag of Spain and colored them on our worksheets:
Completed a lapbooking activity for our world lapbook that we’ll put together at the end of the year.
Did you know that cork comes from Spain? Yes, they have the world’s largest cork supply there! We made some fun cork creations, below is my son’s canon and daughter’s rhinoceros forest scene:
We colored and labeled the map:
Thanks for joining our week on Spain, next we’re on to North America where we’ll learn all about Canada!
Click here to learn more about the Expedition Earth Geography curriculum!