Lasagna, mmmm, who doesn’t love lasagna? I mean except lactose intolerant people that is.
Well, I have an old standby recipe that my family loves! It’s not lasagna.
But it is like “faux” lasagna! I call it Campanelle with Meat Sauce! It’s basically all the ingredients of lasagna but without all the layering, and well…let’s face it, with out all the work!
- 1 box Campanelle Noodles (These are like they took all the lasagna filly ends, and rolled em up) (Also great with Cavatappi, hollow spirals)
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (Or homemade ;o)
- 1lb browned ground beef
- 1/2 pint low-fat ricotta cheese
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese (For sprinkling on top)
- Optional: Garlic Bread, green salad and dressing
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, brown 1 lb ground beef, season as desired. I use garlic salt, onion salt, oregano, basil, and parsley. It’s my secret mix, please don’t tell anyone.
3. Heat spaghetti sauce in medium sauce pan until warm. Add browned, drained, ground beef and let simmer a few minutes.
4. Drain noodles, and put them in a large serving bowl and pour on sauce mixture.
5. Sprinkle ricotta cheese clumps into bowl and stir gently. Sprinkle top with a little shredded parmesan cheese. (You can also top with mozzarella and stick in oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes to melt the cheese, just make sure you are using an oven proof pan!)
6. Serve with garlic bread and salad!
Hope you enjoy this simple take on a traditional meal!