Hola and welcome to our Expedition Earth week on Panama!
As usual, we started off by stamping our passports and locating Panama on our World Map.
Here are some of the activities we did this week along with things I managed to capture on film!
- Learned to say “Hello” in Spanish: Hola (hello) , “Thank You” : gracias
- Locate Panama and capital Panama City on the wall map
- Prayed for the people of Panama
- Geography from A-Z pg 22 Gulf, Pg 25 Isthmus
- Learned about the Panama Canal, did you know the average toll for a ship to pass through the Panama Canal is $56,000!
- Made a Panama mini-lapbook component
- Made tropical fruit snacks: Mango, papaya, coconut, bananas
- Completed mapping and flag worksheets
- Learned about and classified 6 animals of Panama
- Animals from Panama mini-book
- Did a pottery painting activity
- Were supposed to make empanadas, but didn’t quite get to it ;o)
- Stamped our passports and moved on to Venezuela!
Here’s my whiteboard for the week. We did the song from Brazil again as it was kind of hard to learn, and we didn’t have one specific for Panama.
Did our Panama Animals lapbook component:
Added our favorite animals to the Expedition Earth Animal Wall!
Did a mini-book on panama for our world lapbook that we’re working on. Each country has a small mini-book. I have great plans to put them all in one big World Lapbook at the end of the year…we shall see, we shall see…
Click here to learn more about the Expedition Earth Geography curriculum!
If you’re using Expedition Earth, click below to link up! I’d love to see what you all are doing!