It’s a new year, and that means that it is time for a NEW Quilt-A-Long! So today, we are launching the 2023 Sew With Me series! Join me as I teach you how to make some of the most fun and classic quilt blocks!
Throughout this series, I hope to teach you some new skills, tips, and tricks, and at the end of the series, we will have a fun selection of blocks to sew together into a sampler quilt!
The blocks will release the 2nd Thursday of each month. Each block will have a video tutorial and free PDF download.
–->>Download the 2023 Sew With Me Block #1 Pattern here!
Watch the Sew With Me – Block #1 video tutorial here!
- Finished Block Sizes: All blocks will be available in 6½” and 12½”
- Finished Quilt Sizes*: 12″ block quilt: 66″ x 81″, 6″ block quilt: 40″ x 49″ (*This is totally dependent upon the finishing options you choose!)
- QAL includes patterns for 12 quilt blocks + finishing options and bonus ideas!
- Videos release on the 2nd Thursday of the month
- Free PDF downloads are included for each block (The full pattern will be available in my shop once all blocks are released)
- I suggest prepping your fabric with starch or Mary Ellen’s Best Press prior to cutting your pieces.
Fabric Requirements (This is enough for both 12″ and 6″ blocks combined)
- Background: 2-3/4 yards
- Blocks: 12-14 Red FQs (18″ x 21″, feel free to use any colors you like!)
- Sashing & Border 2: 1 yard Pink, 1/4 yard Red
- Border 3: 2 yards Low Volume
- Binding: 5/8 yard Red
- Backing/Batting: 5 yards
- (For the 12½”blocks, I’m using a mix of red fabrics from my stash and the Fat Quarter Shop Red Sampler FQ Bundle. For the 6½” blocks I am using Christmas Stitched by FigTree for Moda Fabrics)
Fabric Requirements 6″ blocks only:
- Background: 1-3/8 yards
- Blocks: 12-14 Red F8s (9″ x 21″, feel free to use any colors you like!)
- Sashing & Border 2: 1/2 yard Pink, 1/4 yard Red
- Border 3: 3/8 yard Low Volume
- Binding: 3/8 yard Red (3) 2-1/2″ x WOF strips
- Backing/Batting: 3-1/4 yards