Kindergarten Sight Word Search

Whoohoo! I have some more fun kindergarten sight word activities for you all today! I wanted some more sight word practice for Tinker Bell and so I created some fun Sight Word Search worksheets to help her out. These correlate directly with my K4 Kindergarten Curriculum**, and have been included in the lessons as well!

_sightwordsearchpromo

–> Download the Sight Word Search Worksheets <–

(Downloading: If you have troubles downloading, RIGHT click on the download link and select “SAVE LINK AS”. You will then be prompted to save the file to your computer.)

What’s Included?

There are 45 sight word search worksheets for words: a, am, and, are, at, ate, be, big, but, can, do, eat, for, get, go, had, he, his, I , in, is, it, me, new, not, of, on, our, out, saw, say, see, she, so, sun, the, to, too, two, up, was, we, who, yes, you.

How do you use the Sight Word Search worksheets? There are several ways you can use these sheets. Here are a few ideas to help get you started:

IMG_6867web

• Laminate them and use dry-erase markers to circle or put an “X” on the word
  • Use highlighters to mark each word
  • Laminate and use dry-erase markers to complete the sheet (sheets can then be re-used)
  • Use with do-a-dot markers
  • Place sheet on a magnetic board and use pom-pom magnets, or colorful button magnets
  • Use cheerios, gold fish, M&Ms, raisins, or any other edible manipulative, then eat your completed sheet!

The good news is that Tinker Bell loved these so much she made me print out more! I love it when the kids like the things I make, plus they’re learning while they’re playing and that’s awesome homeschooling at its best!

IMG_6865web

I hope you enjoy the Kindergarten Sight Word Search worksheets!

These activities are part of my K4 Curriculum geared towards kindergartners. If you have a preschooler you might want to check out my Letter of the Week Curriculum, click on the images below to see more activities.

K4button copy[8] LOTWlogo[5]

**Please note: If you downloaded my K4 Curriculum prior to 5/22/2012 and would like these free additions, please email me for updated download links!

• Stephanie June 26, 2012 at 12:02 am

Completely random comment to this post, but what printer/copier do you use? I’m learning that with homeschool comes a lot of printing and copying . . . I’m looking for something efficient and as cost effective as possible . . .

• Kelly Terrell June 26, 2012 at 8:04 am

• Kelly Terrell June 26, 2012 at 8:07 am

I would like to know the same thing! Thanks for asking. I think it is time to invest. I have heard that Brother is good (they sell them at Costco) but I am assuming that it is best to get one that prints in color too? Would love others’ ideas here! Oh yeah…love, love this idea. I shared it with my friend who teaches Kindergarten! Erica…you make learning feel not like learning!!!

• kellie June 26, 2012 at 4:11 am

Thank you so much for sharing! Love the printables! 🙂

• Karen June 26, 2012 at 4:26 am

I cannot get them to download.

• Karen June 26, 2012 at 9:39 am

Never mind. I got it.

• Andrea Gardner June 26, 2012 at 6:05 am

Oh my! This is fantastic! Thank you 🙂

• Samantha June 26, 2012 at 6:10 am

LOVE these! Our kindy year this fall is going to ROCK! I was putting the stuff together by the week at my sister’s house the other day and she kept raving about how awesome it looked too. lol Thanks for all these great add ons too! Did you just add them to the week that you learned those sight words or use them for remembering practice later on in the school year?

• Evelyn June 26, 2012 at 7:13 am

These are fabulous! Thank you so much. Amazing.

• Maureen June 26, 2012 at 1:17 pm

This is great! I plan on buying the whole curriculum soon!

I have the same printer question. We have an old inkjet that doesn’t work with a Mac, so it’s a pain to bug my husband every time I need to print in color. I’ve also considered a color laser printer to avoid the hassles of ink cartridges. Your thoughts?

Thanks!

• Shelli June 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

Erica,
    These are great! Thank you for sharing with us!

• Dena July 11, 2012 at 4:37 pm

bad link? can’t seem to get these to print…i’ve had to kill the pages a few times. my end or yours?

• Jessica November 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I stumbled upon your site from a Pinterest pin and I am so grateful I found your site. Thank you so much for sharing you talents and love of teaching and with that learning. I am a young mother of four with my oldest in Kindergarten. It has been a slight struggle but with the tools you have shared have helped us build confidence in my ability to teach and my daughters desire to learn.
    Thank you!