2018 Homeschool Room Tour

Hi everyone! As most of you know, we’ve moved our school room to the basement, and so today I’m sharing our updated homeschool room tour with you! We have moved things around from last year just for a little change and we love it!

2018HSRoomTour1

I want to start off by saying that you by no means need to have a dedicated “classroom” in order to homeschool. You can literally homeschool anywhere you have space and wherever you prefer. We often pack up and head to the library to do school, sometimes we end up in the living room, and other times we head outside. It really depends on the day and our mood!

That said, I do have a setup school area that we use the majority of the time. It works well for our family and we’re thankful to have this space! So I thought it would be fun to take a little tour and show you how we have it all set up now that we’ve moved!

Watch Our 2018 Updated Homeschool Tour here!

For more details on our school desk setup. Ikea discontinued the table tops I purchased, but they replaced them with the Linnmon Table Tops, white. I think everything else is the same. Here are links to the desk pieces.

As promised, here are some links to the products mentioned in this video and a few other products we’ve used in our homeschool:

calendarpromo

Click below to download:

Gingham Calendar Days Part 1

Gingham Calendar Days Part 2

For those of you wondering about our birdies, they’re still upstairs in the old location which has now become my sewing room! I was worried the basement might get cold, and so we kept them upstairs in the room their familiar with. So now I have tweety songs to listen to while I sew Smile

hsroomtour2

Happy Homeschooling!

• Katie September 27, 2017 at 5:37 pm

The Pokémon figures link doesn’t work. Could you update it? My boys would love these but some seem poor quality. I’m wondering which ones you bought. Thanks!

• erica October 12, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Sorry, I’ve fixed the link 🙂

• Elizabeth September 30, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Your 2018 homeschool room is beautiful! Two questions:
    1) Could you please share the paint colors you used for the walls, trim/door, and cupboards?
    2) Where did you purchase the cupboards?
    Thanks so much!

• erica October 12, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Hi,
      The wall paint is Benjamin Williams Balboa Mist, trim is cloud white I believe. Can’t remember cabinet makers sorry!

• Sara Fragoso October 2, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Love your homeschool room! Thank you for sharing so many great ideas. We are looking at redoing our basement… what are your beautiful floors??

• Kristen October 4, 2017 at 10:16 pm

I’m curious what kind of fireplace you have? We’re moving to a state with snow in the next month, and hopefully with a basement! The look of your fireplace is nice and I’m in the market! Thanks!

• Marlene Simon October 11, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Your home school room is wonderful !! Just wondering if you could give me some hints about how to preserve real leaves ! My own children & their children are almost grown !! I just returned from a trip to Oregon ! I want to preserve some leaves & etc I brought back home with me .Thanks, for your time & advice if you can help .