I’ve had some questions on how we keep the Teeny Tot busy during school.
The answer for us as been to give her a desk with her own workboxes and start “Teeny Tot School”! Okay, so its more like, “Make a gigantic mess all over School”, but it affords us some valuable teaching time that’s worth the clean up!
I just keep these activities in the boxes until she stops getting into them, then I swap ‘em out with new activities. I also recruit my other kids to help fill her boxes, they come up with some excellent ideas!
- Stacking cups
- Sorting Keys
- Discovery Toys locking blocks
- Paper cups, pom-poms, PF Chang’s kids chopsticks (My prek filled this box)
- Magnetic Fish Puzzle
- Leapfrog Fridge Phonics
- Old phone graveyard
- Measuring cups, bowls, pom-poms
- Tape, stickers and paper (looks harmless right? ;o) )
- Felt Strawberries and bowl for transferring
If all else fails…we send her out of the room with our preschooler ‘til we’re done!
Results are in and its a….drum roll please…“Thumbs Up!” from the Teeny Tiny Tot.
Some More Great Teeny Tot Busy Boxes:
If you have great Tot ideas, leave a comment or join the McLinky for us all to see!