Hi everyone! October is approaching, which means fall is in the air for those of you above the equator! I love the fall crisp air, leaves change color, and warm comfy clothes!
Here are a few dates to remember to make your October a little more exciting!
- October 1 International Day for the Elderly
- October 3 World Smile Day
- October 3 Yom Kippur
- October 8 Sukkot
- October 13 Columbus Day
- October 13 Thanksgiving Day in Canada
- October 16 Boss’s Day
- October 24 United Nations Day
- October 25 Make a Difference Day
- October 31 Halloween
October 1 – World Vegetarian Day
- Eat your veggies today!
- Find a fun recipe and make a vegetarian dinner
October 3 – World Smile Day
- Self explanatory, but make sure to share a smile with those around you!
- Check out pinterest for some healthy teeth activities
October 4 – National Golf Day
- Head out for a game of golf with the family
- Have younger kiddos? Play a round of mini-golf!
October 4 – National Frappe Day
- Near and dear to my heart, you can rest assured I’ll be heading to Starbucks today!
- Make your own Frappe
October 5 – World Teacher’s Day
- Find a teacher you love and let them know!
- Check out pinterest for some fun teacher gift ideas
October 8 – American Touch Tag Day
- Head outdoors for a fun game of tag!
October 9 – Fire Prevention Day
- Check out my fire safety unit
October 10 – World Egg Day
- You read it, make your favorite egg recipe. I think cookies count right?
October 13 – Columbus Day
- Make a miniature of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria, then head to a water source and see if they float!
- Make sure to learn the poem: “In Fourteen Hundred Ninety Two Columbus sailed the ocean blue!”
October 14 – National Dessert Day
- Make your favorite dessert tonight and celebrate!
October 16 – Dictionary Day
- Take this opportunity to look up a new word today and use it in a sentence at some point!
October 26 – Mother-In-Law Day
- Send a gift or card, and call your mother-in-law today to let them know how special they are!
October 27 – National Tell a Story Day
- Head to the library and pick a few good read-a-loud and share them with the family after dinner.
- Make up your own fictional story and share it with your family.
October 30 – National Candy Corn Day
- Check out these fun pinterest candy corn craft ideas!
October 31 – Carve a Pumpkin Day
- Make some roasted pumpkin seeds with this fun recipe
For more fun fall ideas check out my Fall Recipes pinterest page!
And that’s it for our October holidays and fun days! have a fun October celebration in your home? Make sure to leave a comment below.