Sugarcone Christmas Tree

Whatever would possess me to mop my floor before doing our edible Christmas Trees I’ll never know, but just fyi…not a wise choice. And might I just add that I doubt my kitchen will ever fully recover from the glitter after this year’s Christmas Craft month.

IMG_2417

Anyhow, with the potential mess embraced…today we read about The Christmas Tree in The Adventure of Christmas: Helping Children Find Jesus in Our Holiday Traditions, then we made our edible Christmas tree’s.

Ingredients:

IMG_2406

• Sugar cones
  • Green frosting (Or white frosting with green food coloring added in)
  • Various sprinkles for decorating such as: Red Hots, mini-m&ms;, sprinkles, edible glitter etc.
  • Butter knife to spread frosting
  • Plastic tray or cookie sheet to work on. (I love these trays from Lakeshore we use them for everything including beads, moon-sand, play-doh, glitter projects, anything that can be potentially disastrous to my kitchen.)

Instructions:

• Spread green frosting all over cone.
  • Roll in sprinkles, glitter etc
  • Push on red-hots or mini m&m; for ornaments
  • Eat!

IMG_2411

IMG_2418 IMG_2419

• Denise December 9, 2009 at 10:20 am

These look beautiful and yummy!A sticky lint roller will take care of your glitter problem. My girls love to pick up the glitter with our roller.

• Confessions of a Homeschooler December 9, 2009 at 10:47 am

Oh great tip, I'll have to try the roller, we have one from our dogs! Thanks 🙂

• Ritsumei December 9, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Those look like so much fun! I may have to do them with my little guy.Come visit my blog: I'm hosting a software giveaway!

• Ritsumei December 9, 2009 at 5:04 pm

I spent some time looking around, and I love what I see! You are so generous, thank you! I've featured you on my blog, so stop by if you would like a button.

• Confessions of a Homeschooler December 9, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

• melissa December 10, 2009 at 1:38 am

Oh, my, I just came here for the first time today and I am enjoying myself greatly. What great ideas!Melissa

• Anonymous December 12, 2009 at 4:40 pm

Thank you very, my children loved this and it was very messy, but so worth it. It is very encouraging to have ideas of christian based activities that the whole family can enjoy. Last night we used your mini-van express idea and the kids got a kick out of finding the golden tickets, they felt very important. Thanks again and God bless, Kayce