The response to my “Add It!” game was so great, that I decided to make a “Subtract It!” Game as well. (Please ignore the ‘add it’ scoops in the pics, I’m just lazy! The Subtract It! game DOES come with “Subtract It” scoops!)
The rules of Subtract It! are simple:
- Place a subtraction flashcard onto the empty white rectangle on the game board.
- Using any manipulative of your choice, place the correct amount of objects into the top green box based on the top number on the subtraction flashcard.
- Using the “Scoop”, scoop the correct amount of objects into the recycle bin based on the bottom number on the subtraction flashcard
- Using the “Scoop”, scoop the remaining objects from the top green box down into the bottom yellow box for your answer.
- Count the objects in the bottom yellow box, and place the correct number card onto the bottom of the subtraction flashcard.
- Pick a new card and play again!
The download includes:
- Subtraction flashcards for numbers 1-9 (ie: 1-0, 1-1, 2-0…9-9)
- 0-9 answer number cards
- A game board
- 4 “Subtract It” scoops (I laminated the front only, then glued the scoops to cardboard and cut them out to make them more durable.)