2010 File Folder Games

Since this blog is called “Confessions…” I have one.  When I first started homeschooling, I didn’t understand what a “File Folder Game” was. I downloaded all these fun games and just kept them in a manilla envelopes. It wasn’t until this year when we started Lapbooking, that I realized what a File Folder Game was! I immediately went and gathered my manilla envelope games, and put them into file folders and voila!
Here is a gathering of all the file folder games we did this year, just click on the Titles to download:
Paint Brush Color Matching:
 IMG_4009 IMG_4010
Numbers Cards by Homeschool Creations (This goes 1-20):
IMG_4008
Puppy Match Up by File Folder Fun: (Memory Matching)
PuppyMemory
Fishy Faces by File Folder Fun: (Memory Matching)
GoFish1
Apple Matching by Homeschool Share:
IMG_4019
Shades of Color (to be used with paint chips): This is game I ended up making into a file folder game. You can download my color grid here, and I used a 1 1/4″ square punch to punch the colors out.

Candy Cane Color Match by File Folder Fun:
Raking Leaves by File Folder Fun:
IMG_4017 IMG_4018
Daniel in the Lion’s Den Time Matchup by Bible Story Printables:
IMG_4021
Snowman Compound Words by File Folder Fun:
IMG_4028
That’s it for 2010 File Folder Fun! Hope you found some that look fun for your family too!

• rainbowmummy June 3, 2010 at 1:50 am

Wonderful and, sorry, but I had to giggle!Wow Filefolderfun.com has so much stuff! I think I can hear my printer groan.We've still only used one (your paint brush match) but I really need to make more. As always you are an inspiration.

• Leptir June 3, 2010 at 2:53 am

WOW! So many great resources! Thanks!I love reading your blog! I always find so interesting activities 🙂

• Itsy Bitsy Learners (Alison) June 3, 2010 at 5:22 am

LOL I was the same went I first took my degree in Early Childhood Studies … sometimes I felt all the seasoned teachers were speaking a different language … Thanks for sharing:)

• Julie June 3, 2010 at 5:35 am

I love file folder games! I have made a few for my son but once he's mastered them, they just lay there. I would love to see a post on re-purposing these games. I have come up with Memory (by printing an extra set of cards, etc)…any other ideas?

• Amy June 3, 2010 at 5:50 am

Great idea! I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for all the fun activites.I featured your blog on my homeschool blog post today. Just thought you might enjoy knowing that.have a great day,Amy @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/2010/06/homeschooling-in-june.html

• Ticia June 3, 2010 at 6:22 am

ha ha ha ha…… I actually still deliberately keep some file folder games in envelopes because then I can move the pieces around.

• Sam June 3, 2010 at 6:46 am

Thanks! I have never used them, but I am going to print some of yours out now!

• Pattycake Manners June 3, 2010 at 7:26 am

Thanks so much for sharing! I've already made the paint brush game and the apple game and my kids love them! I'm really looking forward to making more soon!

• EM June 3, 2010 at 9:25 am

Thanks for confessing. Here's my confession. I'm still not clear on what lapbooking is! 🙂 I'll go do some reading on the link you provided. Thanks. When we stop trying to seem like we know it all, that is when we can really learn isn't it?Cool games. My kids are going to love them this year.

• Erin June 3, 2010 at 10:50 am

Very awesome to see what you use!!

1 2 3