Breaded Chicken & Parsley Potatoes

IMG_4719

This week I thought I’d share my comfort recipe! Partially because it’s super easy, and also because its yummy! It’s nothing super special, but everyone seems to like it and for me that’s a huge deal!

Breaded Chicken:

• 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs (can substitute with chicken breasts, but let’s face it, they’re just not as yummy!)
  • 1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs (I use Progresso Italian)
  • 1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg (beaten)
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • olive oil

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 pan with cooking oil.

Step 2: Mix breadcrumbs & shredded parmesan cheese in shallow bowl. Beat egg and milk together in another shallow bowl. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture then coat with bread crumbs and place into 9×13 pan.

Step 3: Drizzle breaded chicken breasts with olive oil and bake at 350 for approx 45 minutes or until golden brown.

IMG_4717

Parsley Potatoes:

• 3 russet potatoes (can substitute with red potatoes)
  • butter
  • 1 T parsley
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp onion salt

Step 1: Fill large sauce pan with water and bring to boil.

Step 2: Wash potatoes thoroughly, then dice into about 1” pieces and place in boiling water. Cook approximately 15 minutes or until tender. Drain water.

Step 3: Meanwhile, melt approx 4tbs of butter in saute pan on low. Add garlic salt, onion salt and parsley. (Can add more of any ingredient to taste)

Step 4: Stir cooked potatoes into butter mixture until coated well and serve!

Serve with your favorite vegetable or garden salad and enjoy!

• TSFamily4 June 5, 2010 at 4:38 am

Oh! That sounds SO yummy! I'm going to add that to my family's menu. I'm always looking for new, quick & easy meals. Thanks for sharing!

• Phyllis June 5, 2010 at 5:14 am

Sounds yummy. I disagree with you tho…white meat is the best! :)-Phyllis

• Sarah June 5, 2010 at 5:41 am

This sounds great! I'm anxious to try the chicken!

• Shana June 5, 2010 at 8:02 am

Ooh that sounds so yummy. I will have to try it!

• Christy June 6, 2010 at 7:44 am

Thanks for sharing – sounds good. I see the link to your green chili with homemade tortillas and I am going to check that out now! I love Link Within!

• Annette June 7, 2010 at 7:36 am

o yum! I think I'm making this tonight!

• joyceandnorm June 8, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for the recipe. I never use chicken breast for anything, even though that's what all the recipes say to use. It's just too dry for me, no matter how it's cooked.

• Eddi January 18, 2012 at 7:42 pm

That’s what we’ve all been waiting for! Great poinstg!

• Anonymous June 9, 2010 at 6:19 am

I made this recipe last night for my family and it was a HUGE hit. My husband raved about it and both my children gobbled it up. Thanks for sharing such an easy but AMAZING recipe!Anna

• Erica June 15, 2010 at 10:07 am

We tried this out last week and it was a HUGE hit! So good!! Thanks so much for sharing. I love your blog! And I totally LOVE your name! It's the best name in the world! ;)-A fellow Erica

• Lisa May 30, 2011 at 1:11 am

My friend's grandmother made this chicken and it was delicious. Now, it's my hubby's favorite.Boneless, skinless chicken breastsmayobread crumbs parmesan cheesepoultry seasoningMix mayo and poultry seasoning in a small bowl. I use about 1/2 cup of mayo. I add ALOT of poultry seasoning, but use your judgement. Combine bread crumbs with parmesan. Next coat the chicken with the mayo and press mayo-side down into bread crumb/parm mixture. Slather top side of chicken with mayo and cover with crumbs. Really press crumbs into both sides and place in baking pan. Once all pieces of chicken are coated and in the pan, spray tops with a little bit of cooking spray (i.e. Pam). Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. DELISH.