I tried this recipe after seeing it on Muffin Tin Mom a while back. I had one child not too fond of it, but she also doesn’t like eggs a whole lot. This recipe is from Incredible Egg, if you haven’t already, check out their site, they have tons of great recipes!
- Frozen Waffles (2 per sandwich)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 slice colby-jack or american cheese
- optional: 1 slice Canadian bacon
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and put frozen waffles on baking sheet.
- Spoon egg over waffles, spreading to fill cavities. (Careful here, it overflows quickly!) Top with Canadian bacon slice.
- BAKE in 400°F oven until egg is set and waffles are crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
- TOP one waffle with cheese. COVER with remaining waffle and press together. LET STAND 1 minute to allow cheese to melt.
Serve with your favorite fruit or smoothie and enjoy!