Character Study: Selflessness

Welcome to the 4th study in my Character Study series based on selflessness (vs selfishness). I thought with Christmas coming, this might be a good time! (click on the image or link below to download a pdf of this study.)

A Character study: Selflessness

Selflessness-1

Other books required for this study: The Bible (any version will do!)

Each day you will learn a verse, read a story where this sin is illustrated, then discuss the consequences of this sin followed up by the blessings of obedience. I encourage discussion with your children on ways they can help one another to stay free from this sin. Putting these ideas into practice on a daily basis will help them to become habit.

Our daily/weekly “Challenge” for this week: “think of others first, better to give than receive”.

I have a sticker sheet and anyone caught making good choices, that’s right “caught making good choices” gets a sticker. I tend to only respond when someone is making bad decisions, and this helps me to focus on the good instead. Whoever has the most stickers at the end of the week gets a prize, and frankly if I think my kids are actually trying their best then everyone gets a prize.

I hope this study blesses your family as it has mine!

signature

• CLEM December 20, 2010 at 3:24 am

thank you so much for doing this series. i have been hunting and hunting for something like this. i truly appreciate it. i'm having problems downloading. says link is not available.

• Breanna December 20, 2010 at 5:45 am

Thank you so much of all of your talent and resources that you share with us! You have been such a blessing to our family and our homeschooling. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family! God Bless You!~Breannawww.no1hasmorefun.blogspot.com

• LeighAnn December 20, 2010 at 5:59 am

Wow! You're really cranking these out! We're on obedience now and we really love them! Thank you!

• Erin December 20, 2010 at 6:00 am

Hi Erica! I'm always excited to see the next character study. I am planning to do a study a week next semester with my kids! I am also getting a "file not valid" notice on 4Shared when I try to download.

• The Partains December 20, 2010 at 7:52 am

Thank you!!! I was able to download the file. Maybe try again now.

• Erin December 20, 2010 at 8:24 am

Okay, I figured it out. If you click on the title, it takes you to a "file not valid" page, but if you click on the picture, it takes you to the correct download page. :)Thanks again for your hard work Erica!

• Kristen December 20, 2010 at 11:38 am

I just love your blog. It's so informative and CUTE! I decided to give an award away and I'd like you to have it.http://alltheproofineed.blogspot.com/2010/12/to-wonderful-bloggers-like-you.htmlThank you,kristen @ all the proof I need

• Louanne December 20, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I just found your blog through Homeschool creations and just wanted to tell you it's great. I subscribed to you via email.

• Lizzy December 20, 2010 at 3:55 pm

These have been SO good and SO timely–my husband is impressed too!Blessings!

• Katy December 21, 2010 at 3:31 am

Oh my word, this could not be better timed… for ME! God's really been trying to stretch me in this area–the chance to share the lesson with my kids is a total bonus! lol

1 2