Easy Taco Salad
This is one of my favorite Weight Watcher Recipes, it tastes great and is low fat (as long as you don’t add too much of the optional garnishes that is)!
- 1lb browned ground beef or turkey
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 2 T water
- 1 can drained black beans
- 1 can drained chick peas
- 1 sm. can sliced black olives
- Lettuce of your choice (I used baby spinach leaves)
- 1 Tomato diced
- Optional Garnish: Salsa, 1 sliced green onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, Tortilla Strips (Found in the salad dressing isle of the grocery store)
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey/beef; cook 7 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain if necessary and return to pan. Stir in taco seasoning and 2 T water, cook another 1-2 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients except garnish to pan and stir just enough to mix.
3. Serve on plate of lettuce, and garnish as desired.