Easy Taco Salad

DSCN0299

This is one of my favorite Weight Watcher Recipes, it tastes great and is low fat (as long as you don’t add too much of the optional garnishes that is)!

Ingredients:

• 1lb browned ground beef or turkey
  • 1 T taco seasoning
  • 2 T water
  • 1 can drained black beans
  • 1 can drained chick peas
  • 1 sm. can sliced black olives
  • Lettuce of your choice (I used baby spinach leaves)
  • 1 Tomato diced
  • Optional Garnish: Salsa, 1 sliced green onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, Tortilla Strips (Found in the salad dressing isle of the grocery store)

Directions:

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey/beef; cook 7 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain if necessary and return to pan. Stir in taco seasoning and 2 T water, cook another 1-2 minutes.

2. Add remaining ingredients except garnish to pan and stir just enough to mix.

3. Serve on plate of lettuce, and garnish as desired.

4. Enjoy!

• rainbowmummy December 3, 2010 at 2:54 am

Erica, you must try 0%fat Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. Works like a dream. I have it when I have fajitas. Greek yogurt is also really good in place of cream in puddings too. You can make eton mess with it, adding strawberries or raspberries and some meringue (not too many, sugar has no calories but don't let that fool you!). The sugar in the meringue is enough to sweeten the yogurt. Soooo Good!

• Jen (emeraldsunshine.org) December 3, 2010 at 6:29 am

That looks incredibly nommy. I don't follow Weight Watchers, but I might have to adapt this for p90x! Thank you so much for sharing.

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler December 3, 2010 at 7:50 am

Rainbow: Yep! I have tried it, its very yummy too! Good suggestion :o)

• Melissa December 3, 2010 at 8:17 am

Yummy-gotta love anything with black beans in it! :o)

• Naxi December 3, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Thanks for posting this, Erica! My kids love these kinds of flavours, but are often put off by "big" things (tacos etc).Can't wait to give this a go!

• April December 4, 2010 at 5:51 am

Hi Erica, I do weight watchers and was curious if you have calculated the points already? :)Blessings!April Lyonlyonsden4@blogspot.com

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler December 4, 2010 at 8:52 pm

April: The recipe is 6 points for 1 serving (about 1 cup) I usually skip the avocado and use fat free sour cream to help out.

• jennjp0518 December 6, 2010 at 1:40 am

This looks great! I am your newest follower sent over from Todays Creative Blog! She has you featured tooday!!Check it out!http://todayscreativeblog.net/chex-mix/Jennhttp://craftywanna-bee.blogspot.com/

• Kayla December 7, 2010 at 3:46 pm

We love taco salad!!

• MrsKTurner March 23, 2011 at 6:58 am

I made this last for dinner and everyone loved it!! Thank you so much!

1 2