Expedition Earth: Greece
γεια σου (pronounced yah-soo) and welcome to our Expedition Earth week on Greece!
We had so much fun with our Geography Curriculum learning about Greece!
Here are some of the fun activities we did for the week:
We started off finding Greece on the map and stamping our passports with the flag of Greece.
- Where Greece is on the world map & located the Aegean Sea
- A song in Greek
- How to say Hello in Greek: γεια σου (pronounced yah-soo)
- How to pray for the Greek people
- About children in Greece
- Learn about the Greek Parthenon
- Learn more about Greece from National Geographic Kids
- Completed our Greece lapbook activity
- Completed and classified animals of Greece
- Learned new Geography terms
- Made Kourabiethes (Greek Butter Cookies)
- Learned a bit about Greek Sculpture
Here are some of the fun things we managed to photograph this week:
We worked on our Greece mapping worksheets:
Made Kourabiethes (Greek butter cookies)
Learned about animals from Greece and added them to our animal wall
Tried to build the Greek Parthenon using Nuudles, we’ll just say that one didn’t work out that well, but it was still fun trying!
We completed our Greece lapbook activity:
And learned about the Greek flag:
That’s it for our week in Greece, now we’re taking a small break to work on our Expedition Earth Christmas Around the world mini-units!
Click here to learn more about the Expedition Earth Geography curriculum!