Kid’s Chore Chart Free Printable

I’d like to introduce a new idea to help organize your home: the Interactive Kid’s Chore Chart! I was previously using a handwritten chore chart, but I kept forgetting to pay my kids for their chores, and they would forget to write down when they completed one. I needed something more visual for everyone, and got this wonderful idea from a woman at my local homeschool mom’s night this month!

Click here to download the Chore Chart Cards

Supplies needed:

• Cardstock (for my printable cards, tickets, etc)
  • Pocket Chart similar to the one in the photo.
  • Reward Stickers
  • Small Prize box (you can make this anything you like)
  • NOTE: Pages 24-29 are black and white images if you prefer not to print color.

Instructions for Slots:

1. Card with child’s name

2. – 6. Mon – Fri Chore cards to be completed

7. Reward tickets earned, Sticker Sheets, Best“ Bee-havior” awards

8. Extra Cards can be kept in the bottom slots

Directions for Use:

Put the assigned Monday – Friday task cards in the 2nd – 6th slots. When a task is completed, your child can turn the card backwards and place behind the remaining task cards for the day. (I used one color for each day just to try and keep things straight)

At the end of the day, look to see which tasks are completed and switch them out with reward tickets. At the end of the day or week, allow your child to spend his tickets on items in a small prize box (gum, candy, erasers, pencils, 5 Minutes iphone time etc). Instead of a prize box, you could also choose to let your kids exchange their tickets for money, we pay $0.25/ticket. This way they can save their money for something they want to buy, we also encourage them to tithe and save some of that as well.

If your child completes all the assigned tasks in a day, they receive a sticker on the reward card in the 7th slot. Once that reward card is full, they can exchange it for something more special like larger prize box, I use things like mini-Lego sets, Pet-Shop’s, Polly Pockets, computer time, TV time, Wii Time etc. Really the prizes are up to you.

I also included “Best Bee-havior” cards that you can reward when your child has displayed a good attitude for the entire day, helping others, being kind to siblings, or anything else you deem as outstanding behavior. These are very special for our family and are handed out only for very good behavior. They can be redeemed for something fancier like a trip to ice cream, a sleep over, etc.

If a task is not completed, the child does not earn tickets or stickers. Since my kids are still young, I do not force them to do any chores, it’s fairly optional except for the feeding of our animals.

My Chore Chart download includes all the cards you need for chores, tickets, sticker reward sheets and “Best Bee-havior” cards. I had some friends help me come up with common chores for their households so hopefully there are plenty to choose from. There is also a blank set of cards included so you can write in your child’s names, or specific chores that apply to your home.

I also have a Chore Chart for younger kids that is a little less intimidating and easier to use.

For this one, I just put the chore cards in slot #2 and when your child completes them they move the cards to slot #3. At the end of the day I change the cards out with tickets and put the chore cards for the next day back in slot #2.

Again, if they complete all their tasks for a given day, they get a sticker on the rewards chart in slot #4. They also can earn Best “Bee-havior” tickets as well. This download includes less chore cards, a blank sheet for you to add in your own, Best “Beehavior” cards and colorful tickets.

You can find the small Tabletop Pocket Chart at Lakeshore Learning.

Hope the chore rewards idea works for your family!

Click here to download the Chore Chart for Older Kids

Click here to download the Chore Chart for Young Kids

(TIP: If you are having trouble getting the file to open in your browser window, RIGHT click on the download link, then select “SAVE LINK AS”. You will be prompted to save the file to your hard drive.)

Here’s a great idea from Shining Our Lights for setting up the chart for little ones!

I love how she uses velcro to put the cards on, then replaces them with tickets as chores are completed! Great idea!

I’ve gotten some great emails from you all and would love to see how everyone is using the chart, if you have pictures, make sure to link up so we can see other ways to use it!

1. Anonymous says:

How wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing! Can you make the tickets just black and white for me? Thank you! -Elisa

2. SO cool that you posted about your chore charts! I found your chore chart printables recently, made a chore chart for my 4 and 8 year olds, and blogged about it yesterday! You also answered a question I had. I was not sure about handing out small prizes for every ticket… that's a lot of stuff laying around… and then you said you pay .25 per ticket. Check out my version of the pocket chore chart using your cards! Thanks for the great ideas and printables!

3. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I have been SEARCHING for something exactly like this and this just brightened my day!!!! Thanks!!

4. I can not thank you enough! This is an answer to prayer. We have been really struggling on how to do this. I so appreciate your wisdom and encouragement. This is our first year of homeschooling and we live way out in the country and if it had not of been for your blog I would have felt so very alone. May God bless you!

5. Love this idea! Looks like it would be fun to make with the kids, too. Just also wanted to let you know that the link for the Pocket Chart in the supplies list gives a "Page Not Found" error. Thanks!!

6. Such an awesome resource. Thank you so much for sharing it.

7. Erin,This is right on time. I have been pushing chore planning to the back of my mind, but as more tasks need to be completed around our home, I knew I couldn't go another weekend w/o looking at putting something together. This will be a great help w/my planning.

8. Thanks, Erin! I have been going to make a chore chart something like this for a long time now and just have not gotten around to it. Thank you so much!

9. Thank you so much!! I just found your website and LOVE it!! The neat thing is that I have a blog and it is called Confessions of a Couponer. LOL. Thank you for the chore cards!!Jennifer

10. Thank you so much! I was going to attempt to make my own today in fact, what awesome timing! I absolutely love this! I think in my reward box I'm going to put in a lot of "coupons" for TV/computer time, date with Mommy/Daddy, etc!

11. Anonymous says:

THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for for the past 5 months!I'm off to go print things now!amy

12. Anonymous says:

This is wonderful! Great work. Thanks for offering this for free!

13. Thank you for the great chore chart downloads! A friend of mine has one similar & I was struggling to get started to make my own, but not any more! =)

14. I honestly think you are a fly in my office. I was just looking for chore stuff yesterday! Amazed at how expensive it can get to buy…Sad because one's I would make would look like my 2 year old made them!Actually I would rather you be reading my mind because my office is dirty!!Thanks again for saving my sanity!

15. Absolutely awesome! I haven't really thought about using a chore chart for my kids yet. But we have been struggling getting the oldest (2, almost 3) to do her chores without a big fight and fuss. I bet this would work for her, after all, having a chart is what finally got her potty trained! : )

16. mydreamteam says:

THANK YOU! This is one of my New Year's Resolutions: to get my kids to start helping more in a *joyful* manner. I'm so tired of fighting over chores. I really like the 1st chart, but the link doesn't work. Can you tell us where to find it? Thanks!

17. Anonymous says:

Try printing them at they offer 50% off the first order and if you change the "turn around time" on the order you can get this shipped pretty low. I had to call the customer service people for a little help but they were so incredibly nice that I can't help but recommend them to others!!!

18. This is so great! I have been trying to find a chore system that actually works and this looks like something my oldest would definitely use. I also wanted to say that we just love your Letter of the Week curriculum – I downloaded it a couple months back and my 5 and (almost) 2 year just love all the different activities in it. My son especially loves the Do A Dots – I've had to print off lots of extra ones. :-)Shay @

19. This is genious!!

20. LINKS: I double checked the links and they appear to be working, please let me know if you are still having troubles.BLACK & WHITE: Pages 21-25 are black and white images if you prefer not to print color.

21. Thank you so much! We are putting our house on the market and I need the little ones to help me keep it clean! :)I was able to download the first set but not the younger set. I get an error message every time.

22. Erica-you are truly amazing! Thank you so much, this is EXACTLY what we need!!!!!Melissa

23. Erica,I just did a post about all my fave chore things out there and am going to go back and add yours to my list. Great job! Looks amazing!

24. Here's a link to where I share about this on my blog: Thanks for letting me about my blogger settings….think something got changed when I did a gmail account. Hope I fixed it : )

25. Thank you so much for making your ideas available! I have been printing out weekly chore charts, but we were going through paper and ink like crazy. This reusable chart is excellent and quality-looking!

26. Thanks sooo much!

27. Thanks for sharing your talent! I've downloaded & am ready to try them out. My son has autism, so chore charts haven't worked to well, but I keep trying. I posted on Believing Unbeliever about this; hope you'll check it out.

28. WOW! This is impressive. Thank you so much for sharing!

29. As posted above, you are so creative and awesome for sharing! I am a HS mom of 4 ages 2 mo-6 yrs. I love your blog, ideas, and encouragement! Thanks SO much for your willingness to share.

30. I could only find older kids' link. Where is younger kids' one?

31. Very Clever! Printing mine off now… and cracking up at the "Bring in Milk" card. Ha! :)

32. These are great. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!!!!

33. Anonymous says:

Any ideas instead of a plastic pocket chart? Because of the harms of pthalates (fumes adversely affect the endocrine system), I try to avoid these soft plastics (PolyVinylCarbonate or plastic#3).

34. Thank you so much for sharing all of your printables. They are a HUGE blessing to this pastor's family. :) I am grateful to the Lord for you!

35. Thank You..what a wonderful idea! I love all of your ideas and I plan on implementing some in my own home!

36. Nice!

37. I am so blessed that my chart has helped so many moms! Thanks for sharing it! Also, I might emphasize that it is so flexible for each family's schedule, and you don't have to stick to 5 days a week, we do 4. The kids can still spend their tickets on the weekends though. Have fun with it. We do!Julie

38. What a great idea! and thank you for sharing all your hard work!I'm wondering if it is possible to get a b/w version of the tickets in order to print on colored paper rather than use printer ink?Either way this is a great resource!godgazers at msn dot com

39. Hi Marnie,Pages 21-25 I think are all black and white for those who don’t want to print in color.Erica

40. Hello! Just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog, you come up with some great ideas and Thanks sooo much for your printables. I refer back to it all the time for different ideas as well as printables. Your chore chart was great and I wanted let you know that we got ours together and the boys jumped on it right away. I tweeked it abit to fit our family but they loved it. You can check it out on my blog but I want to warn you I just started blogging and trying to learn more. Thanks again!!

41. Idea for someone concerned about plastic… I am planning on using this with a cork board. I don't have big enough card stock to print out everything on so I'm just going to tape/glue the chores I want to index cards with enough space to use a push pin with.. I'm not sure how long the cards will hold up, but this is my idea for now until I can find a cheaper plastic option.Thanks so much for this idea, I've been trying and trying to make my own for so long and it was so tedious to search for clip art for the chores that I wanted (my daughter is just starting to read).. and I wanted a reward system as well. THANKS!

42. Anonymous says:

I am loving the idea of your system. We've tried so many and really hoping this one works. I'm having trouble thinking of prizes and how much to assign each reward. Could you give some advice and suggestions? How many bee cards do they have to get to earn a big thing?Thanks Wendy

43. Anonymous: In our prize box I have small sets of legos ($3-$5 range), bakugan balls and zoobles (girl bakugans) lip gloss, gum, CHEAP barbies ($3-5), polly pockets and pet shops. I got most of my prizes at the after Christmas sale.I think just whatever your kids are into and can be motivated by!I used to have a bunch of things like pencils, erasers, balls but nobody seems to want those so i upped the price. My kids earn an average of 25 tickets/week so 1 toy in my box is 25 tickets. They can also trade the tickets in for .25cents if they want to save money for something else. But this way there are toys in there they actually want and I don't have a bunch of little junk floating around.I only have them earn 1 bee card to do something like ice cream, but I only hand them out if they're above and beyond on kindness! We've only had 1 so far sadly…sigh.

44. I love this chore chart; Thank you! I downloaded it and found that pages and found that pages 21-25 have black and white chore cards, but there aren't any tickets in black and white. I would really like the tickets in black and white so I can just print them on colored card stock. I hope that's not a ton of work, but I saw other people asking for the same thing.Thanks for all the hard work you put into this blog.

45. Love this! Thanks for sharing! I purchased your Letter of the Week curriculum & totally love your site! You are fabulous! Being a homeschool veteran, I absolutely appreciate a person (you) who has done all the hard work behind the scenes, so I can focus on the FUN w/ my kids!~Sheri

46. Anonymous says:

This is fantastic! I tried something like this a couple of months ago but this is way more simple and right there all put together for me. I'm going to give it one more go with my three boys and we can add our princess in a couple years when she's old enough. Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

47. Thank you!!!

48. This is AWESOME!! Thank you! :)

49. I purchased my chart and made one almost like yours about 2 years ago! It was such a life saver. Great minds must think alike…PS… I have 11 kids so my chart was 3 times the size of yours! LOL!

50. J and B Learning Is The Johnson Tribe says:

WOW you are so awesome for sharing THANK YOU so very much!!