Expedition Earth: Netherlands
Hoi and welcome to our Expedition Earth week on Netherland! Since it snowed here this week it was perfect timing, we had a great time, and we learned some fun things about Netherlands too!
Of course we started off our week finding Netherlands on the map and stamping our passports with their flag:
Here are some of the things we covered this week:
- Located Netherlands on the map and completed our mapping worksheet
- Learned about their flag
- How to say “Hello” in Dutch– Hoi or Hello
- Prayed for the Netherlands people
- Learned a song in Dutch
- Completed a lapbook activity
- Learned about and classified 6 animals of Netherlands
- Vocabulary: Geography from A-Z: Ford
- Learned about Windmills and made a craft
- Completed an Ice Skating Craft (I wasn’t brave enough to actually go ice skating!)
- Went Bowling
- Had a cheese tasting party. Cheeses from Netherlands include Gouda, Edam, Roomano, Herb Cheese, Goat’s cheese, Smoked Cheeses and more!
- Learned more about Netherlands from National Geographic
- Made homemade bread pudding
We made this cute ice skating craft.
Since it was snowy outside, we went sledding.
We made this fun Windmill craft. I have to say this was a little harder than expected. The wire was difficult to work with, thankfully we have jewelry making tools so that helped quite a bit.
We learned about animals from Netherlands and added them to our Animal Wall.
Here are our favorites: Red Fox and the Ermine.
We learned a little about Klompen (Wooden Shoes) then made some out of poster board and looked at some pretty ones online.
Of course we had a blast singing our Dutch Song this week. We even broke out the pretend mic for willing participants.
Thanks for joining our week on Netherlands, next we’re on to Spain!
Click here to learn more about the Expedition Earth Geography curriculum!