img_0752_thumb

Italian Beef (Roast)

Hi everyone! We made what my husband said was “the best roast he’s ever had” last night so after that comment I thought I’d better share this with you all as well! It’s so simple and really  was delicious if I do say so myself!

IMG_0752

Ingredients:

• 1 Beef Chuck Roast (size to your family’s needs, can also use chicken thighs)
  • 1 packet Good Seasonings Italian dressing (Dry mix)
  • 1 bottle cheap beer (I don’t typically use alcohol in my cooking, however this really was worth it and there was no alcohol taste left over, just super tender beef.)

Directions:

• Place roast in crockpot on high, sprinkle dry dressing mix ontop of roast and cover with 1 beer.
  • Cook in crockpot 6 hours on high.
  • Serve with potatoes and salad or your favorite vegetable!

See EASY!! Yum, Yum! Hope you love it!

• heart4him January 31, 2011 at 10:24 pm

HI i love your blog I made some of the meals that you have posted on here and the granola bars they are so yummy! do u have a certian site you go to for recipes? and if not will you be adding more on here? thanks so much for all you do!!! heart4him erica

• Anonymous February 1, 2011 at 6:23 am

Awesome. I am looking of a quick and easy recipe for this weekend! Thanks for sharing.

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler February 1, 2011 at 9:01 am

heart 4 Him: I get most of my recipes from my mom! She's an amazing cook! I add them as I find things that our family loves!I have another one next week for Brisket that I'll be sharing, yum!

• Amie February 1, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Thanks for the tip…I am so used to putting wine over my simmering, red meat I forget about the occasional beer.

• Giggly Girls February 1, 2011 at 2:47 pm

That looks delish!! I'll have to try that.

• Kristalyn February 6, 2011 at 7:22 am

thx! i have a very picky family but i think they might like this. i'm trying it today. love that it's super easy.

• Michele December 29, 2011 at 8:35 pm

What kind of salad is in the picture with this?

Looks really good!!

• erica December 29, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Hi Michele,
      It’s just a plain salad we do all the time: Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, and Italian dressing! My mom always made this with our meals, so I guess I do it now too! It’s an easy way to get veggies into each meal.

• janet October 9, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Hi Erica, great post, quick question, what size crockpot do you use? Any advice? I only used my mother-in-law’s twicw and had not so great results. Would like to try crockpot cooking again. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Julie September 11, 2016 at 9:32 am

Have you ever tried this recipe with a jar of mild pepper rings (one regular size jar with the juice and all) instead of the beer? It’s amazing. We shred it and serve it on Torta Rolls from Costco (toasted with a slice of mozzarella cheese). It is delicious!