IMG_4028.jpg

Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe

This Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe is so yummy, and is also super easy to make! We made it with just strawberries, but a few blueberries placed strategically in the upper left corner…and I’m thinking great July 4th cake!

028

Ingredients:

• 1 box white cake mix
  • 8 ounces cream cheese block
  • 1 small tub Cool Whip
  • 1- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 Containers of Fresh Strawberries (I only got one and ran out)

017

Step 1: Prepare white cake as directed and let cool completely.

Step2: Mix together cream cheese, cool whip and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy and smooth. Spread frosting onto cake top.

018

Step 3: Wash strawberries and remove stems.

019

Step 4: Slice strawberries, we used an egg slicer, works great for kids!

021

Step 5: Add 1 tsp to strawberries and stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. This allows sugar to dissolve strawberries and creates a yummy juice. This step can be skipped if you prefer a less juicy topping.

023

Step 6: When ready to serve, top cake with sliced strawberries.

025

Step 7: Slice a piece of this yummy cake and enjoy!

028

Hope you enjoy this yummy delight!

• apple blossom June 23, 2011 at 5:23 am

oh, that does look like a yummy summer treat. thanks for sharing

• Keri Tate June 24, 2011 at 10:25 am

We make a similar cake, but we put the strawberries 9(with a little sugar added) on top of the warm cake. We also have two layers of "icing". The first layer is made from cream cheese, vanilla pudding, and a little milk. Then we top it with whipped cream or cool whip. So, so yummy. Think I'll make one tomorrow – thanks!

• LeeanneA / KMullally June 25, 2011 at 1:22 pm

OK now I'm drooling! LOL

• Meghan June 26, 2011 at 6:11 am

oh my ! YUM!!!!

• Tennille June 26, 2011 at 8:20 pm

THank you for sharing this recipe. I'm always looking for new things to do with with strawberries!

• Nikki June 27, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Sounds wonderful! I'm saving this post in my "recipes to try file."

• Athena June 27, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Thanks for sharing, I will definitely be trying this soon! The cream cheese added to the frosting sounds wonderful!

• Sherri June 28, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I sure do like this cream cheese frosting recipe. We made the cake and it was a hit! Thanks for the idea.

• Jennifer June 30, 2011 at 9:21 pm

This looks so delicious. I totally copied this recipe to try! Thanks for sharing!

• Jenn August 15, 2011 at 6:06 pm

THANKS! I used this for my mom’s bday since she loves berries and her bday was July1st. It doubled for her bday and the 4th weekend. I used blueberries and strawberries to make flower designs. Everyone loved it so much that when I asked my husband what cake he would like for his bday (July29) he said a repeat!! Quick and easy and yummy! The egg slicer idea was great for us too!!!Thanks again! Althought now I am wondering if this will be the only cake they ever want. lol