Welcome to the World’s Greatest Composers Study Volume 1!
Get the World’s Greatest Composers Study for just $5.50!
What’s it all about?
In this series of studies, we will be taking a look at 8 of the world’s greatest composers through a study designed for elementary aged students.
The goal behind the World’s Greatest Composers curriculum is to immerse students in the work of each composer so that they are well familiar with their style, methods and music. Much of your time studying will be through open discussion with students and listening to compositions. Upon completion of this curriculum, your student should be able to easily recognize the pieces from each composer studied. They will also have learned several different styles of music, vocabulary, as well as have gained an appreciation for music in general.
What is included in the study?
For each day of listening there is an activity for students to complete while listening. This will help them focus on the music, and think critically about what they are hearing. By the end of the study, your student will have a completed composers notebook along with an orchestra and music lap book.
- Introduction to Orchestra
- Johann Sebastian Bach
- George Handel
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Frederic Chopin
- Peter Tchaikovsky
- Igor Stravinsky
- George Gershwin
- Composer Reports
- Instrument Word Scrambles
- Music Bingo Cards
Here are some worksheet samples from the lessons for each composer:
Scheduling The Lessons:
Each composer unit has 10 lessons, I suggest scheduling 2-3 days per week for the composers study. The curriculum will take 1 full year to complete at this pace. However, the lessons can be easily adapted to fit your schedule as well.
Each lesson consists of a listening assignment along with an activity to help your student focus on what they are hearing. You will want to have your student materials ready prior to starting each lesson. An internet connection is required for the listening portion of the study, so I suggest setting up a laptop or computer near your student work area. An alternative would be to purchase CD’s or songs via iTunes from each composer.
As you progress through each composer your student will be creating a fun lap book to help them remember what they’ve learned. You will need 2 file folders for each lap book you need to create. Instructions for assembling the lap book are included in the curriculum.
Students will learn about the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern eras of music, as well as create a composer timeline.
They will also learn about all of the different instruments, their sounds, roles, and seating positions within the orchestra.
As you progress through the composers, you will create mini-books for each composer along with notebook pages as well as a fun puzzle with a pocket to store your pieces in.
Sound like fun? Ready to get started?
Get the World’s Greatest Composers Study!
Win it! ~ This giveaway is now CLOSED~
I’ve had so much interest, I’ve decided to give away a free World’s Greatest Composers Study to one of you!
Can’t wait? Buy it now AND enter to win, and I’ll REFUND your purchase cost if you win!
- Simply leave a comment below letting me know why you’d like to win a free registration for your family!
Additional Optional Entries: (not required to win, come back and leave a separate comment on this post for each additional action taken.)
- Like Confessions on Facebook
- Follow Confessions on Twitter
- Confessions of a Homeschooler or Subscribe via RSS
- Tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy the text below:
Enter to win a free World’s Greatest Composer study from @ericahomeschool! http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/?p=6355
Nitty Gritty Giveaway Details:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday February 3, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday February 5, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- This giveaway is offered to US residents only!
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- NOTE: In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on my blog post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and fill in the “Speak Your Mind” form. (If you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: I wrote this and am providing a free copy to giveaway on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.