Hi everyone! I have a super fun summer giveaway for your kiddos today! The awesome folks over at www.JessicaSprague.com are starting up a new Photography Summer Camp for kids class! One of my favorite parts is that it is an online class, so it is available to everyone.
In this three-week beginner level course your student will learn basic photography and camera techniques. Each day they will receive an email with their assignment and a new photography technique to work on. There are also videos, an online class forum, and photo gallery where they can post their assignments, get feedback, and see what others are doing for inspiration! Then on Friday’s they’ll receive a fun photo scavenger hunt to keep them learning all week!
Here are the details:
- Designed for children ages 8 – 13
- Kids will learn basic photography and camera techniques
- No special equipment is required – any point and shoot camera; even a cell phone or iPod with a camera will work!
When is the class? There are two sessions this summer:
- 1st Session: June 11-29
- 2nd Session: July 9-27
What is the cost?
The session fee is $36 and they are offering a discount for families with multiple children. Just add ten dollars for each additional sibling instead of the whole $36!
Internet Safety Concerns:
There will be a lesson during the first week on Internet safety, and the instructor and T.A.’s will be strictly monitoring the class forum and gallery. Anything inappropriate will be taken down immediately. Since my Strawberry Shortcake (9 yrs) is taking this class, I simply sit down with her as she goes through the gallery and lessons.
About the Instructor:
Candice Stringham is an editorial photographer turned scrapbooker. She is a former Contributing Editor for Creating Keepsakes Magazine and was inducted into the Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame in 2006. Candice Has a BFA in Photography and taught at a collegiate level after she graduated. She has also been teaching live workshops for Canon for the past few years. She is excited to be teaching at Jessica’s website because helping people learn how to use their cameras is one of her greatest joys! Adventurous, but down-to-earth, Candice loves to read, watch old movies and musicals, read anything Jane Austen and create fun projects and traditions with her family. She recently moved from Brooklyn, NY to San Antonio, Texas with her three sons and husband. You can visit her blog at http://www.candicestringham.typepad.com.
Sign Me Up! Get the Photography Summer Camp for your student now!
Jessica Sprague is offering a free spot in the Photography Summer Camp for one of my readers! Yipee!
- Mandatory Entry for Giveaway: Leave a comment on this blog post letting me know why you’d like to win!
Additional Optional Entries: (After completing the below tasks, make sure to come back here and leave a comment letting me know you did so you can get your extra entries!)
- Tweet about this giveaway:
Win a Free Summer Photography class from @Jessica_Sprague and @ericahomeschool! Enter thru 6/29/2012 http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/?p=9624
- “Like” Jessica Sprague on Facebook (come back and leave a comment here letting me know!)
- Follow Jessica on Twitter
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler OR RSS FEED
(Yes, you can enter if you already follow or subscribe I love my readers! )
Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday June 29, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday July 1, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- Please leave a way for me to contact you in your entry otherwise another winner will be chosen.
- NOTE: This giveaway is offered worldwide, to anyone with internet access.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on THIS post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and click “Post a comment” (Facebook comments will not count, if you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: I was provided with a free spot in the class for review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.