Bon jour and welcome to our week on France!
We always start off by locating our new country on the World Map.
Here are some of the things we covered this week:
- Located France on the map, and found the Bay of Biscay
- How to say “Hello” in French – Bonjour!
- Prayed for the French people
- Learned a French Song
- Completed a lapbook activity
- Learned about and classified 6 animals of France
- Learned about the Eiffel Tower and made a small scale replica of the Eiffel Tower using a 3D Puzzle we found.
- Read: Geography from A-Z Pg 12 Cliff, Cave, Pg 40 Sea Cave/Arch
- Visited The White Cliffs of Normandy France
- Learned about Children in France
- Made homemade soap!
Here are some of the highlights of the week:
Well, it just wouldn’t be a trip to France without the Eiffel Tower, so we took a fun virtual tour online then made our own replica using this fairly easy 3D Puzzle. Here’s a post on how we created our Eiffel Tower model!
We made homemade soap which was fun and the kids can’t wait to try it out!
Of course we did our mapping activity with help from our feline friend.
We learned about 6 new animals and classified them on our wall.
We learned about the French flag:
We had a cheese tasting day complete with French Soda!
We did our France lapbook activity:
And as usual we found a small French Cafe to close out our week. My husband told the kids they could have French water to drink and when it came they all were amazed that it tasted the same as US water! LOL! Oh he’s awful!
Of course we finished out the week by stamping our passports!
I’ll post more on the crafts we made for you later on so you can do your own. But that concludes our week in France. Next we head to Italy, my homeland!
Click here if you’d like to follow along with our Expedition Earth Geography Curriculum Journey!
Expedition Earth is a hands on world geography curriculum that covers 31 countries across the world. It is designed primarily for K-5th grade students. Students will learn the continents, oceans, people, cultures, animals, climates, try new foods, crafts and more, all through hands-on activities!