Tip Tuesday: Curriculum & Teacher Manual Storage Tips

Good morning homeschoolers! Today I have another organizational Tip Tuesday for you! Today we’re talking a little bit more about storage solutions for your homeschool.

TipTuesday_CurriculumStorage

Ever wonder what I do with all of my teacher’s manuals and student workbooks? And what about all of that curriculum that we aren’t currently using, but I know we’ll need in the future? Find out how I keep all of my teacher stuff organized and how I store our student workbooks and long term curriculum in today’s Tip Tuesday: Curriculum & Teacher Manual Storage Tips video!

I hope you enjoyed today’s Tip Tuesday, and if you have any storage tips to share, make sure to leave a comment below!

Happy Homeschooling!

• LeighAnne Barber February 16, 2016 at 10:18 am

How do you like Book Shark for the kids you have using it? We are thinking about it for a 4th grader.

• erica February 16, 2016 at 10:56 am

It’s “okay”. Not totally my favorite selection of books, so we’re swapping them out with my literature units in between.

• Jennifer February 18, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Every year I homeschool we buy another book shelf… seriously. I should part with some books, but my kids are so spread out so I want to keep things to use for when my younger kids get older! 🙂 My basement is too wet to use for storage, I’m slowly running out of room!!!! lol!

• erica February 23, 2016 at 11:53 am

Yes, we did a big giveaway of old books when we cleaned out our basement. I gave a lot away to our options group, and I’ve also sold them at used curriculum fairs too 🙂 We’ve also donated some to libraries who take donations.

• Susan Ganey February 19, 2016 at 11:48 am

Hello, I am a long time homeschool mom, our oldest being now 27. I can’t get organized! We have two children currently at home. Joseph is 12 and Savannah is 8. After years of homeschool I find that I can’t seem to separate old curriculums from what we really need to cover. Our younger children are different learners than our older three sons. Thank you for your advice. Susan

• Nancy February 19, 2016 at 1:23 pm

I look forward to Tip Tuesday each week! Keep up the great work Erica!

• erica February 23, 2016 at 11:24 am

Thanks I’m so glad you’re enjoying them!

• Amy March 8, 2016 at 10:51 am

What do you do with readers that you want to use for future kids? I don’t want to just put books on bookshelves bc I want them to stay “fresh..” but trying to figure out how to organize/store them. Love these tip Tuesday vids- keeping me inspired!

• erica March 9, 2016 at 1:49 pm

I keep our readers together by grade, and only pull them out when I have a child in that grade. I keep them on my teacher manual shelves for them, then just pull them out as they go through them. So, I keep them separate from our normal books as well.

• Rajon December 29, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Hello, Erica, I am beginning homeschooling in about a month. We are moving. I just want to know for someone that doesn’t have a sep room for class, what’s your advice as to setting up the learning area, and storage, etc.

• erica January 9, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I would probably get a bookshelf or some type of storage area where you can keep your homeschooling books/supplies that is easily accessible. That way it will be easy to pull out your work each day, and then put it away as well. One idea would be to get a small accordion file you could use to put your student’s daily work in. That way they could grab their file and easily know what to do each day.