Quilted Patchwork Mini Tote Bag

Hi everyone! I have such a fun tutorial for you today! I love little knitting, crochet, and craft supply bags and so today I’ll show you how to make this super easy Patchwork Mini Tote Bag.

patchworkminitote_coah

Watch my Quilted Patchwork Mini Tote Bag tutorial here:

Download the Patchwork Mini Tote Bag PDF cutting instructions here!

• Outside Fabric: (2) 12.5” x 12.5” (Front/Back Piece)
    • Front Pocket Fabric: · (12) 3.5” x 3.5” (Patchwork Pocket)
    • Pocket Binding: (1) 2.5” x 12.5”
    • Lining Fabric: (2) 12.5” x 12.5” (Inside Bag Lining), (1) 9.5” x 12.5” (Front Pocket Lining)
    • Straps Fabric: (2) 3.5” x 17” strips
    • Inside Pocket: (1) 7.5” x 11”
    • 100% Cotton Batting OR Fusible Fleece: (1) 9.5” x 12.5” (Front Pocket), (2) 1-3/8 x 16” (Handle Straps)
    • In-R-Form Foam Stabilizer (or batting): (2) 12.5” x 12.5” (Outside of Bag)
    • Zipper: 14” polyester zipper

This bag is a great way to practice your quilting skills and maybe even learn something new! I’ll be showing you how to do a simple patchwork panel with binding for the front pocket.

patchworkminitote_7

You’ll also learn how to add a zipper to your project. I know zippers can seem daunting, but trust me it’s so easy you’ll be glad you gave it a go!

patchworkminitote_2

patchworkminitote_4

patchworkminitote_5

We’ll also be adding a fun inside pocket that you can customize to fit your needs. I like to put my knitting needles, extra scissors and stitch markers in here!

patchworkminitote_6

I’ve also added these cute accent handle straps so you can carry your mini tote bag around with you wherever you go!

patchworkminitote_1

Links for products I used in this tutorial:

• Joansy January 30, 2019 at 5:16 pm

What a cute bag! I am pulling fabric tonight from my stash to try putting one together! Thanks for the tutorial!

• Paula H January 31, 2019 at 6:04 am

Awesome looking bag! Going to make one to hold each of my crocheting projects. Thanks for the free pattern, PDF and YT tutorial.

• Rhona LeDuc January 31, 2019 at 6:58 am

Really cute Bag, going to make one today, thanks for the pattern!

• Suzette Benjamin January 31, 2019 at 4:08 pm

Nice bag! This will definitely be one of my projects. this could also be a great bag for carrying baby items as well. thank you for the free PDF and the tutorial.

• Margie Blake February 4, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Very nice bag

• Rebecca K March 4, 2019 at 9:30 am

Thanks for video and free PDF . I will make this for my granddaughter as a gift.

• Judy scheining June 27, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Judylanescheihing@hotmail.com
    I looked and looked for a small bag pattern. I go toa quilting group on Tuesdays ‘ and wanted something as a Christmas gift. With only 7 ladys’ I decided on your bag. Ok it’s a big deal for me’ I am a quilter of 40 + years . I hope this is not beyond my skill . Cute as an be . Cannot wait to visit the fabric store. Thanks judy

• Patty Montgomery July 1, 2019 at 6:50 am

Is there a pattern that can be downloaded for this bag? The PDF shows the cutting instructions but I do better with the print instructions since I can’t always come back to a video. Thank you.

• erica July 1, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Hi Patty,
      I’m sorry this one just has cutting instructions and then a video tutorial. I didn’t do written instructions for this project.

• Maria Elena July 8, 2019 at 3:52 pm

). Wow, I just found this cute bag. I made a bag based on your pink mini charm bag tutorial; it was my first bag and turned out pretty nice. (For the first time LOL). It’s for my granddaughter. Now I think I will attempt this one because it has a few different details and it would give me practice. You have a gift for teaching while you demonstrate and keep the tutorial clear. Your fabrics also inspire me. I’m wondering if I us enough mini charm packs of “Bee Joyful” by Deb Strain, would I use 6 rows(?). If not, I’ll have to buy a new charm pack.

• erica July 29, 2019 at 11:51 am

Hi Maria, I’m sorry I’m not sure I understand your question. Are you planning to use a mini-charm for the whole bag or just the front pocket like I did? If it’s for the front pocket I would probably do three rows of mini-charms.

• Maria Elena July 8, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Sorry I wrote email wrong- I will correct it below. Pls disregard the one that says “loma”