Hi friend! I have another fun sewing tutorial for you today! The Drawstring Squishy Pocket Bag is super easy and only takes about an hour to make!
It’s a great beginner sewing project and you’ll not only make a super cute finished bag, but you’ll learn some valuable sewing skills to boot!
Let’s get started shall we?
Watch the full Drawstring Squishy Bag with Pocket Tutorial here:
Download the Drawstring Squishy Pocket Bag Instructional PDF here:
- 100% Cotton Quilt Batting
- Fusible Fleece
- 50wt Aurifil 100% Cotton Thread
- 505 Basting Spray
- Clear Acrylic Ruler
- 3/16″ Cotton Cording
- Panasonic Cordless Iron
- Clover Wonder Clips
- Clover Seam Roller
- Sunflower Quilts Thread Cutter
- Magnetic Pin Bowl
- Olfa 45mm Rotary Cutter
- Olfa Deluxe Cutting Mat: COMING SOON!
My Sewing Machine
My Quilting Tutorials:
- 1/2 yd.— Outside Bag Fabric
- 1/2 yd.—lining Fabric
- 1/4 yd. or 1 FQ—Front Pocket Fabric
- 1/4 yd.—Drawstring Casing and Handle Strap Fabric
- Cotton Batting OR Fusible Fleece: 1/2 yard
- Cording: 2 yards 3/16” Cotton Filler Cord or ribbon
- Outside fabric: Cut two pieces 12.5” x 13”
- Lining Fabric: Cut two pieces 12.5” x 13”
- Front Pocket: Cut two pieces 8.5” x 13”
- Handle Strap: Cut one piece 3” x 8”
- Drawstring Casing: Cut two pieces 2.5” x 11”
- Cording: Cut two 1 yard pieces
- Batting: Cut two pieces 12.5” x 13” and cut one piece 8” x 12.5”
- (For a bag that holds its shape better you can use fusible fleece or Fusible Foam stabilizer. )
Finished bag size approx. 12” w x 11” h.