Good morning! Today I’m releasing my 4th Grade Daily Homeschool Lesson Plans!
While some times people prefer to be spontaneous, other times I think it’s better to have a plan to follow so things don’t get missed or left behind!
Planning ahead is especially important if you’re a new homeschooling. Having a good plan will help make your days less chaotic and stressful, while giving you the comfort of knowing you’ve done everything you need to do on a daily basis. And having a good plan will also allow you to be more flexible when something fun arises!
It’s my opinion that if we can conquer each day, then we’ll conquer each week. If we conquer each week, then we can make it through the month without getting off track. And eventually, by making it through each day, week, and month, we can finish the year strong knowing we’ve completed everything we need to do to move our child on to the next grade level with confidence!
I always get requests for our exact lesson plans for different grade levels, and so I’m so excited to be sharing my homeschool lesson plans with you all! And YES, I will be releasing lesson plans for more grades coming soon!
I’ve done all of the hard work of planning and organizing your day for you, all you need to do is print them out and follow along!
These plans use the exact curriculum that we’ve used for our children, and hopefully they’ll be able to help you too! Most importantly I’m hoping my pre-made homeschool lesson plans will help you save time and stress by having all of the planning done for you!
We’ve been homeschooling for over 11 years now, and as you can imagine we’ve tried just about everything. I’ve complied our favorite curriculum in these lesson plans to help make your life a little easier and enjoyable!
What is included?
My daily lesson plans include everything you need to do to complete an entire year of fourth grade homeschooling including daily assignments for 34 full weeks of homeschool. They include daily learning activities for Art, Bible, English, Handwriting, Math, Phonics, Reading, Science, History, Spelling, Typing and Writing.
I know my exact curriculum may not work for all of you, so I’m also releasing an editable version for those of you who would like to use my lesson plans as a backbone, but be able to edit them to fit your own specific needs as well.
**These plans include main subjects to complete fourth grade level work with your student. That said, you’ll want to check with your local state homeschooling requirements to make sure you are following their requirements as states can vary.
What curriculum is used?
These lesson plans utilize the resources listed below which must be purchased separately. For your convenience I have written them out in daily lesson plan format for ease of use. You can then print the assignment booklets for you and your students to use each day, and just follow along. It’s as easy as that!
Note: You will want to keep your curriculum’s teacher’s manuals handy as a more detailed guide if there are special projects or activities included.
- Optional: Daily Learning Notebook (Elementary level cursive version)
- Art: Homeschool Art Studio DVD Grade 4
- Bible: Word of Life Challenger Quiet Time
- English/Grammar: IEW Fix It Grammar Robin Hood Book 2
- Handwriting: BJU Cursive Handwriting 4 (Since students are doing more writing this year, you can opt out of handwriting if you feel like it is too much for your student.)
- History: Time Travelers U.S. History Study: **The Civil War, The Industrial Revolution/Great Depression, World War II, Activity-Pak: Make-A-State (Most states require a specific state study for your state in fourth grade. You will use the Make-A-State unit to research and learn about your own state! **NOTE: I have scheduled history 3 times/week which may be a bit too much for some students. If you find that is too much you can reduce it to two times per week spreading out the lessons accordingly. If you do twice/week you will only get through two of the units above. I also suggest choosing the activities that suit you best rather than trying to do every single activity they provide.)
- Literature: Classical Literature Units
- Reading Comprehension: Abeka 4 Read & Think Skill Sheets
- Math: Math U See Delta
- Science/Health: Abeka 4th Grade & COAH Scientist units
- Spelling: Spelling You See Level F
- Typing: Typing Web
- Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing Group A Continuation SWI
Tips for use:
I suggest printing the lesson plans, then having them spiral bound at an office supply store. Then students can highlight activities as they’re completed. You can also print a copy for yourself if you would like!
**PLEASE NOTE: These plans include main subjects to complete 4th grade level work with your student. That said, you’ll want to check with your local state homeschooling requirements to make sure you are following their requirements as states can vary.