Erica’s Sewing Machine Mat Tutorial

Hi everyone!  Today I’ll be showing you how to make this super cute and easy sewing machine mat tutorial. You can use these for any craft supplies you like, but I love putting it under my sewing machine so I can keep all of my tools handy!

ericassewingmat_coah

This project is super easy and beginner friendly, and as always I’ll walk you through it in my step-by-step video tutorial!

So let’s get started shall we?

Watch Erica’s Sewing Machine Mat Tutorial here!

Download Erica’s Sewing Machine Mat PDF Pattern here!

ericassewingmachinemat_cover

Supplies used in this tutorial: (See PDF Pattern download for specific cutting instructions.)

ericassewingmat_coah2

Thanks for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you make this project, tag me @ericaarndt and use #ericassewingmat so I can see what you create! 🙂

If you have something you’d like to see a video tutorial on let me know and I’ll see what I can do!

And make sure to follow me on YouTube and Instagram to keep up with all of my fun projects!

ericassewingmat_IG

• Corynne Person May 2, 2019 at 11:22 am

Came across this video on youtube today then came here to download. Looking forward to giving this a try! Thanks for the pattern and instructions!

• Jerri May 4, 2019 at 12:09 pm

I love this! I have been looking for a sewing mat to purchase. Would you be willing to make one to sell? Thanks so much!

• erica May 9, 2019 at 11:39 am

Hi Jerri,
      thanks so much for the offer, unfortunately I don’t usually make the items to sell. I prefer to teach people how to do things themselves rather than sell the final product.

• Marcia May 24, 2019 at 3:45 pm

Very cute. Thank you for showing us

• Selene May 7, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Hi Erica. I loved making your sewing mat..I have made 2 of them. Just wanted to let you know that I had more trouble with the thickness of the pocket area. I have a sturdy Babylock machine but I had a lot of skipped stitches. If you have any suggestions for sewing through all those layers that would be great. For the second one I used SF101 interfacing on the pocket and the lining of the whole pocket area. I still used batting in the main part of the mat. The thickness was significantly decreased and my machine handled it with no problem. By the way might I ask what kind of machine you use. I am in search of a good heavy duty machine as I make a lot of bags. I’m ready to start my third one . The first two are Christmas gifts. Thanks again. I love your tutorials.

• erica May 9, 2019 at 11:15 am

Hi Selene, I used my regular needle, but you might want to try a Denim/Jeans needle to see if that helps! But the interfacing idea might be helpful for others as well so thanks for sharing! I have this machine and LOVE it!! https://amzn.to/2HbD8KN

• Rebecca June 18, 2019 at 4:40 pm

I’ve just started to learn how to machine sew and I’m excited to start on this project (it’ll be the first for myself!)
    I love your videos and print outs – so easy to follow and you are enjoyable to listen too – thank you