The Workbox System
Yep, you got it, I’m jumpin’ in both feet. I figure if I’m going to try something, I’d better go for it, otherwise what’s the point, right? Seriously, I really think this is going to revolutionize how we do homeschool … seriously…and if nothing else, it will satisfy my intense need for order and organization. And if all else fails, there’s always ebay right? But seriously, I’m committed.
So let’s go fill our boxes! Here’s some idea’s (other than core curriculum) I’ve found searching around the internet:
- Screws, tees, styrafoam, hammer, screwdriver (they’ll figure it out)
- Cottonballs and chopsticks, 2 paper plates (have them move the cotton balls from one plate to the other using the chopsticks, good for motorskills!)
- Poster centers (see sue patricks site for more info here)
- Magnet Center
- Science Center
- Art Center
- File folder games
- Music time
- Computer time
- Color boxes(put color instruct child to take box and find things that color to put in it)
- Snack card with recipe for older children to make for family
- Play out side card
- All those games you’ve been ‘meaning to pull out’ but never did!
Okay, that’s it for now, the chubby bunny is making bubble noises in her crib.