We’re starting the letter U this week, I found this fun website, No Time For Flashcards!
They have a ton of fun ideas, and if you click on the “Letter of the week” they have ideas for each letter. We are going to try the Umbrella U craft later this week.
I was telling my Kindergartner that we were starting the letter U for his sister and I couldn’t think of a food for our Letter Fun Food day and my sweet little phonics learning dude says “I know, how about nUts!”…nice…
Here are our Letter U boxes:
2. Umbrella number match flip book, downloaded from here.
3. Umbrella Uu sorting game, downloaded from here, love Erin’s ideas!
4. Lacing Beads, I was going to have her do just vowels, I may still, but the kid loves to lace beads, so she’ll probably end up doing as many will fit on a string.
5. Umbrella puzzle, downloaded from here. I may roll this into my magnetic laminate…
6. Umbrella bottle cap letters, I guess I should start calling these wooden circle letters LOL! But I downloaded the alphabet template from here, then put mine on 1″ wooden circles from Michaels instead of milkcaps as I really wasn’t that thirsty ;o).
7. Big/Little Pom-Pom sort, using kids chopsticks from PF Changs, and fun lemon wedge icecube trays from Bed Bath and Beyond.
8. Panda Bear Sticky Mosaic by Numbers. I got this fun craft from Beyond the Blackboard.
It comes with sticky little mosaic squares and the bear shape is full of tiny numbers, there is a color key for the squares like yellow =1, so where ever they see a 1 they put a yellow square. There are a lot of little squares to complete this panda, so I think it will be an ongoing project for the week, and may be too much for my 3 yr old, but everyone is doing it, and she isn’t one to be left out so…it’ll be an lesson in patience (For both of us I’m sure!)
Your workboxes look great. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures.
Love your alphabet ideas. I am trying to find some of the stuff linked to Erin's blog (the umbrella/raindrop matching game) and when I click the link, it sends me to Erin's but now game? I'd love to do this with my son next week. Thanks a bunch! Kellyc
Hi sorry, it looks like Erin moved her letter U stuff, I fixed my link to go to her new letter U bag activities post! Try it now 🙂
Thanks so much! I found them and the link worked fine. =0) Thanks again, Kellycps You are friends with my dear friend Melissa Renfro! I was commenting about a great blog I found (yours) only to find out she had already found yours. Small world. =0)
Oh Yes! She's awesome, I love her digiscrap stuff! Small world 🙂