Shwmae & Hello!! Welcome to our Geography Study week on Great Britain!
This was a great week, we had a lot of fun crafts which always makes things more interesting, and we finished our week at an English Pub which meant I didn’t have to cook dinner Friday and I consider that a good week!
Of course we started out by stamping our passports!
And found it on our world map:
We also learned:
- Where Great Britain is on the map, and found the North Sea
- How to say “Hello” in Welsh– Shwmae!
- Prayed for the British people
- Sang a traditional English Song
- Completed a lapbook activity
- Completed and classified animals of Great Britain
- Made Quilling Paper designs
- Learned about and made a small scale model of Stone Henge
- Learned about Big Ben and made a paper model
- Worked on a large foam World floor puzzle
Here are some of the highlights of the week:
My kid’s favorite part of our Geography Units has definitely been learning about the animals around the world. Every week we learn 6 new animals and add them to our wall.
Of course we learned a bit about the flag of Great Britain:
We also made paper quilling crafts. I have to admit this was harder than we expected it to be and I had to help quite a bit with rolling the paper, but we did manage to get a few cool designs:
Completed our lapbooking activity:
Worked on our large world map floor puzzle for fun:
And as usual if I can find a place that is even remotely authentic we head out to try the cuisine of our country! This week was an English Pub, which later we found out was actually an Irish Pub, but it’s all good, at least I didn’t have to cook LOL!
Click here if you’d like to follow along with our Expedition Earth Geography Curriculum Journey!