Looking for a cold refreshing summer drink recipe? This is so tasty you’ll want to run out and buy yourself some raspberries and give it a whirl! (Literally…in the blender…you’re going to whirl it.)
And wanna hear the best part? It’s super easy!
Here are the ingredients. Don’t blink.
- 3 cups cold water (I added more just because I thought it was too sweet)
- 1 cup lemon juice (5-6 lemons)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (save a few for garnish if you’re feeling fancy)
- 3/4 cup sugar ( I know…but it’s lemonade…and its worth it)
- Ice Cubes
- Fine mesh strainer
1. In a 2-quart pitcher, stir together water, lemon juice and sugar until sugar dissolves.
2. Place 1 cup fresh raspberries in a blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
3. Press raspberry puree through fine mesh strainer to remove seeds. Don’t skip this step. I did. Don’t do it.
4. Add strained puree to pitcher and stir.
5. Pour over glass filled with ice and serve!
For more of an Icee type drink, you can blend some of the mixture with ice cubes, yum!
Hope this helps cool you all down. And hey, I haven’t tried it, but I don’t see why this same recipe wouldn’t work with other fun fruits of your choice! Heck, I wonder if you could freeze it and have raspberry popsicles?
Looks so good!. BTW I love the new table in your classroom. SO jealous!! I told my husband I need it so I’m just gonna put one on my Christmas list..lol
Summer is slipping away here in the Springs… but I need lemonade!
Yum! My kids have been into blender drinks this summer. We’ll have to give it a try.
ooh, thanks! Tomorrow is National Lemonade day…maybe I’ll try this for my family! Ice Cold lemonade is HANDS DOWN my favorite drink!
Yum-O! I am craving lemonade today and this is going to hit the spot. Thanks Erica! 😉
This sounds almost as good as the black berries I blended up and poured over sprite floats. My Coke drinking DH just might convert it was so good. I agree with the mesh strainer part—I didn’t do that part either!!
that looks just delish….
What about using stevia instead of sugar? I have been making lemonade with it all summer. Not sure on the quantity because I have been making it one glass at a time. 2 packets Sweet Leaf Stevia, 1/2 lemon, water & ice. It has been very refreshing but I definitely want to try your recipe. I’ll have to experiment to see how much stevia I’ll need to use.