Looking for a cold refreshing summer drink recipe? This is so tasty you’ll want to run out and buy yourself some raspberries and give it a whirl! (Literally…in the blender…you’re going to whirl it.)
And wanna hear the best part? It’s super easy!
Here are the ingredients. Don’t blink.
- 3 cups cold water (I added more just because I thought it was too sweet)
- 1 cup lemon juice (5-6 lemons)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (save a few for garnish if you’re feeling fancy)
- 3/4 cup sugar ( I know…but it’s lemonade…and its worth it)
- Ice Cubes
- Fine mesh strainer
1. In a 2-quart pitcher, stir together water, lemon juice and sugar until sugar dissolves.
2. Place 1 cup fresh raspberries in a blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
3. Press raspberry puree through fine mesh strainer to remove seeds. Don’t skip this step. I did. Don’t do it.
4. Add strained puree to pitcher and stir.
5. Pour over glass filled with ice and serve!
For more of an Icee type drink, you can blend some of the mixture with ice cubes, yum!
Hope this helps cool you all down. And hey, I haven’t tried it, but I don’t see why this same recipe wouldn’t work with other fun fruits of your choice! Heck, I wonder if you could freeze it and have raspberry popsicles?