I have a super fun preschool color matching game to review today! And you know I have a free one to give away to all of you as well! It’s the Splash of Color Magnetic Sorting Set by Learning Resources.
This was one of those fun games that as soon as it arrived, I had to hide it to keep people from busting it open before the Teeny Tot even got a chance to play with it.
I put it in her workboxes and right off the bat she found it and pulled it out. I told her how to play quickly, and she immediately started working on it. Of course she matched the colors as seen below, but then we went through and said the name of all of the objects, and then counted how many pieces were in each colorful paint bucket.
She spread them out on our desk, but the pieces are indeed magnetic and can be used on any magnetic surface. One thing is that the pieces are kind of large, and our magnetic white board is only 2×3, so she couldn’t fit them all on there. Hence the desk…
Here is a completed puzzle, so as you can see each one comes with five fun shaped pieces. And apparently it’s not just for the Teeny Tots of our world, but my older kids stood in line for a turn to play it as well!
What’s the cost? For $26.99 you get 8 colorful paint bucket frames (8”x10”), 40 colored magnets, and an activity guide.
What did we think?
My kiddos love the cute game pieces and it’s been pulled out several times since it’s arrival. I like that it’s so versatile. There are several ways you can use these here are a few ideas:
- Sort pieces by color
- Say the names of each item, have students say what letter or sound they hear at the beginning of the word.
- Using one color bucket and it’s matching pieces, let your student look at the pieces quickly, then have them close their eyes. Remove one of the pieces and have them open their eyes and tell you which one is missing.
- Close your eyes and let your student pick one piece. Have them describe it to you, and you guess what it is. Repeat with you describing the piece and the student guessing.
- Pick 4-5 same colored pieces and one different colored piece. Put a group of objects on the board and let your student tell which one is different. Have them explain why it is different.
- Sort objects by type such as food, toys, animals, etc.
Want more information?
- Learning Resources on Facebook
- Learning Resources on Twitter
- Learning Resources Website
- Learning Resources on You Tube
Buy It: Get Splash of Color Magnetic Sorting Set from Learning Resources
Win It: (Yeah, that’s right, I’m giving away a free Splash of Color Magnetic Set to one of you!)
- Mandatory Entry for Giveaway: Leave a comment on this blog post letting me know why you’d like to win!
Additional Optional Entries: (After completing the below tasks, make sure to come back here and leave a comment letting me know you did so you can get your extra entries!)
- Tweet about this giveaway:
Enter to win a Splash of Color Game from @LearningHandsOn and @ericahomeschool! Enter thru 6/15/2012
- “Like” Learning Resources on Facebook (come back and leave a comment here letting me know!)
- “Follow” Learning Resources on Twitter
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler OR RSS FEED
(Yes, you can enter if you already follow or subscribe I love my readers! )
Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday June 15, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday June 17, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- Please leave a way for me to contact you in your entry otherwise another winner will be chosen.
- NOTE: This giveaway is offered to US residents only.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on THIS post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and click “Post a comment” (Facebook comments will not count, if you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: I was provided with a free game for review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.
I’d like this very much n I would like to gt some free printable in this will u plz hlp me to gt it
Liked on fb! Would love to win this 😁
This game would be great for my students. We are making a Colors book in class and this game would be great for my students.
I would love to win the paint set because it is inviting. I can see the students being drawn to the eye catching set and wanting to play all day long! Also, the paint set will do what it was created to do, engage students. It looks like tons of fun! Finally, while the students are having fun, they are learning as well. It does not get any better than that. You out did yourself with the paint set. It is adorable!