I have another great healthy kids lunch recipe to share with you today! Yet another idea from Fit Yummy Mummy! She’s actually making all of her lunches into a cookbook, so make sure to stop by and check it out!
Today’s lunch menu:
- Sweet-n-Sour Turkey Meatballs
- Fruit of your choice (We had mango, strawberries and grapes)
- Cucumber slices
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste, or Lowry’s seasoning
- Mix above ingredients together and roll into 1” meatballs. Bake meatballs at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 jar apricot jam
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Pour both of the above into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat stirring to mix well. Pour warmed sauce over cooked turkey meatballs and serve!
TIP: Double the recipe and then freeze half of the cooked meatballs (without sauce). Next time just pull them out of the freezer and re-heat for a fast, healthy lunch!
Have some great healthy lunch ideas to share? Leave a comment below!