Hi everyone, today I’m sharing our 8th Grade Homeschool Curriculum choices with you. We’re a few weeks into the year and so far we’re happy with all of our picks!
Watch our 2019-2020 8th Grade Homeschool Curriculum video here:
Here are links to the curriculum we are using this year:
- Bible: Word of Life Challenger Quiet Time for Teens
- English/Grammar: IEW Fix It Grammar Chanticleer Book 5
- History: The Story of the World – Early Modern Times Vol. 3
- Literature: COAH 8th Grade Literature List (I have about 5-6 books planned for her this year)
- Math: Math U See Algebra 1
- Science/Health: Abeka Science 8
- Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing Theme Based Writing Unit
- Optional Art: Atelier Art Level 8 (We’ll be doing art at options, but this is a great program if you’re looking for one!)
Options: We participate in a once a week options program through our local school district. They offer a variety of classes that help supplement our homeschooling. It also provides the kids with a fun day where they get to see their friends and participate in a classroom environment. Here is a list of my 8th grader’s classes this year:
- Creative Writing
- Spanish 1
- Language Arts
And that’s it for our 8th grade curriculum line up this year! I’ll try to do a mid-year update to let you all know how it’s going. We’re trying some new curriculum this year, so that’s always exciting!
Would you like to see what our average 8th grade daily schedule looks like? Check it out!
Looking for more help? You can download our exact daily lesson plans for 8th grade here!
–>> Check out our updated Homeschool Room Tour here!
Extra fun products we use for school:
- Frixion Erasable Pens
- Snowmen Stackable Pencils
- Gummy Bear Stackable Pencils
- Regular Stackable Pencils
- Fun Iwako Animal Erasers (20 Pack)
- Expandable Acrylic Drawer Organizer
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. I am also an Amazon Affiliate. I may receive a small percentage if you purchase items through my link, so thank you for helping to support my blog! That said, I do NOT recommend anything that we do not use in our homeschool.