Hi friends! I’m back today with our 9th Grade Homeschool Curriculum haul, where I’ll be showing you everything we plan to use for our 9th grader this year! We have a couple of fun new things to try too, so stick around and let’s get started!
Watch our 2020-2021 9th Grade Homeschool Curriculum video here.
Our 2020-2021 9th Grade Curriculum:
- Bible: Word of Life Challenger Quiet Time for Teens
- English Literature: Introduction to Literature: English 1 by Janice Campbell
- English: IEW Fix It! Grammar Book 6
- History: BJU 9th Grade online Cultural Geography 9
- Math: Algebra 1 with Geometry by Shormann Math
- Science: BJU Press Physical Science 9 Distance Online Science
- Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing
- World Language: BJU Press Online Spanish 1
- Choir: Eric Whitacre Virtual Choir 6
Click below to see what our 9th Grade Daily Schedule looks like!
Download a copy:
- 9th Grade Daily Schedule – PDF (Blank)
- 9th Grade Daily Schedule – Word Doc (Editable)
Hi! I was wondering why you are not doing Rainbow science anymore. I watched your video on it and it looked like you could do it for 2 years…was thinking of using it for my 8th grader this year and then again in 9th. Thanks!
Hi, we finished it 🙂 We did it for both of our oldest kids together for 8th and 9th grades.
Are you able to make a video on how you plan for your intro to lit ? I’m about to use the same book but not quite sure how to plan for each week even though it has it but the block grid confuses me . I’m debating between that book and the IEW windows to the world .
Thank you 😊
I just follow their weekly assignments list in the book. It is a bit more relaxed of a schedule, but I just make sure they stay on their reading and that they know what to do each week. The book itself has instructions/assignments listed out for each week for each book. So I just let my kids know they have 4-5 days to complete this. Then they can do it whenever they want over the course of the week. It teaches them good planning and time management skills. But I do kind of stay on top of them as well 😉
Thank you !!! It’s a new curriculum to us this year and I was obviously overthinking it . I tend to do that when I start a new curriculum 🤪
Do you have any updated videos for more recent year(s) curriculum choices/homeschool schedule? I am always looking for high school guidance!
yes we do our curriculum picks each year, you can see them all here: