Salad Spinner Spring Flowers

IMG_3866

Supplies:

• Salad Spinner (Yes, I said salad spinner)
  • Food coloring (I used non-toxic paint too, but it didn’t spin as well)
  • Paper (I used construction paper and paper plates)
  • Popsicle sticks or straws for the stems
  • Vase to display! (You can also stick them in clumps of play-doh for a base)

IMG_3788

Step 1: Cut the paper to fit inside your salad spinner, then drop some food coloring onto your paper.

IMG_3792 IMG_3799

Step 2: Spin, Spin, Spin!

IMG_3793 IMG_3798

Step 3: cut into flower shapes and glue to popsicle sticks and display for all to see!

IMG_3800 IMG_3865

That’s it! Easy as 1,2,3!

• Sippy Cup Central Mom March 16, 2010 at 3:37 am

That is a great idea…we'll be spinning today! Thanks, Karen

• Rebecca March 16, 2010 at 5:03 am

So cool!

• Ticia March 16, 2010 at 6:39 am

I keep meaning to do this. Glad to see it's a popular craft.

• Wonder Mom March 16, 2010 at 7:36 am

Ya know, when we moved, I got rid of my salad spinner, and I have regretted it ever since I saw you can do CRAFTS with it! (My husband may not totally believe me, but it benefits my family to hoard- I mean "save" stuff!)

• Wendi March 16, 2010 at 7:52 am

What a fun craft. I have never seen this before and love it. My son just said "that is cool". We will have to have some art fun today. 🙂

• joyceandnorm March 16, 2010 at 2:01 pm

very fun idea!

• Shannon March 16, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I bought a salad spinner just for such purposes! Oddly, I don't find it odd at all. 😉 Great craft.. thanks for all the ideas you share.

• familyofthree March 17, 2010 at 11:38 am

So neat! I love this idea! Do you just throw it in the dishwasher after you're done?

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler March 17, 2010 at 11:47 am

Yep, just tossed it in the dishwasher. And if you use food coloring you don't have to worry, it comes right off! We also used paint just to see, but as long as you rinse it after you're done that comes off as well, I'd just make sure you're using the non-toxic kind, then wash it in the dishwasher to sanitize it.

• Anonymous March 20, 2010 at 9:17 pm

We made these today. Thanks for the idea! Love your blog for my preschooler!Charischariscook@hotmail.com

1 2