RTAnimalsBinder

Road Trip USA: Animals of the United States!

Hi everyone! I am excited to share a fun addition to my Road Trip USA United States Geography curriculum called Animals of the United States! Best part is that it’s FREE! YAY!

RTAnimalsBinder

As many of you know, we did a HUGE animal wall last year with our Expedition Earth World Geography curriculum, and this year as soon as we started going through our Road Trip USA curriculum, my kids were asking for animal cards! I thought it would be a fun addition since we had such a great time learning all of our world animals last year, so I put one together.

As you go through each state, you’ll discuss the state animal symbols, classify them based on their species then add them to your animal wall. We set up our wall the same as last year basically. (See below)

The animal cards are colorful 3”x3” cards that have the name of each animal on the front.

animalpromo

Since many states claim the same animals as their symbols, I grouped them by region. The animals are listed in alphabetical order in the region in which they first appear in my Road Trip USA curriculum. There are not duplicates of animals that are claimed by more than one state, you’ll just refer to them on the animal wall if they’re repeated.

There aren’t any lesson plans with this download, just the animal cards by region. The animal cards are referred to in my Road Trip USA Curriculum so you’ll know when to add them to the wall each week.

If you’d like to add the animal study to Road Trip USA, or another United States Geography curriculum, click the link below to download!

–> Road Trip USA: Animals of the United States  <–

Tip: If the link above is not opening automatically in your browser, RIGHT click on it and select “SAVE LINK AS”. You will then be directed to copy the .pdf file to your computer.

Hope you enjoying learning about the Animals of the United States!

• hommeschool101 August 31, 2011 at 12:10 am

Thanks for this post. We are getting ready to begin Passport To The World and I didnt think to use animals for each country. But I am thinking I will add that in. Lol! 🙂

Tiffany aka Homeschool101 over @

• Michelle Mueller August 31, 2011 at 1:05 am

This is great! We start our Road Trip USA next week and my little man is super excited! 🙂

• Kayla Arrowood August 31, 2011 at 4:54 am

Ohh how fantastic!! We are just starting this next week and you had perfect timing!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Erica so very much!! Blessings ~ Kayla

• GINA August 31, 2011 at 6:14 am

This is fabulous! Thank you so much! I purchased Roadtrip USA, although we wont start till the middle of our school year, I’m going to print this all out in September! Yeah!! 😉

Gina

• jennifer greene August 31, 2011 at 6:39 am

This i s so wonderful! Thanks for sharing

• Tracie Clark August 31, 2011 at 6:47 am

We will be starting our Road Trip in a few weeks and I know the kids are going to love this addition. The pictures are so beautiful! Thank you so much!!!

• Erika August 31, 2011 at 7:23 am

Thanks for sharing!

• Jess August 31, 2011 at 7:50 am

You truly are amazing! I don’t know how you find the time to come up with all this but I’m so thankful you do! We are starting Road trip next week and this will be a fun addition to go with the books I got on the animal/bug for the states 🙂

• Tabitha (Growing Up Homeschooled) August 31, 2011 at 7:55 am

Thank you so much! I love the bulletin board idea.

• Samantha August 31, 2011 at 8:56 am

You are so kind to offer these extras for free! I will be purchasing Road trip USA soon and can’t wait to explore it with my son! You are so creative and kind for share your creativity with all of us:) Thank you

1 2 3