10 Days of Character Studies: Day 8
Welcome to 10 Days of Character Studies: Day 8! Today we’re going to be talking about how to keep the peace. I had to laugh because this reminds me of one year when my kids told my husband that all mommy wanted for her birthday that year was some peace and quiet!
One of my favorite verses in regards to sibling rivalry is this: 1 Peter 3:8 “Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.” It’s another one that my kids have memorized, mostly from me repeating it constantly.
What does peace mean? An agreement or a treaty to end hostilities. A state of tranquility or quiet.
What does the bible say about peace makers? “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.” Matt. 5:9 KJV
What does contention mean? Striving in controversy to win a competition or argument. (Controversy – is a state of prolonged public dispute or debate, usually concerning a matter of opinion)
What is an Opinion? A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.
What should we base our beliefs on? Is it profitable to argue about opinions? Is it profitable to argue about material possessions? Why not? These are just some of the questions we’ll address this week during our study on peace making.
This week we’ll re-visit Joseph and his brothers, take a look back at Jacob and Esau’s relationship, and we’ll see how Abigail makes peace with David. We’ll learn the consequences of allowing ourselves to get caught up in wrath, and also see the blessings of obedience when we choose to be peace makers.
I hope you enjoy the study on peace making, make sure to stop by tomorrow for a study on self control!
Be sure to visit these brilliant women during our 10 days adventure between November 7th-18th! I love these ladies and we know you will too.
- 10 days of Character Studies | Confessions of a Homeschooler
- 10 days of Christmas Countdown Ideas | Milk & Cookies
- 10 days of Creative Writing | Chocolate on My Cranium
- 10 days of Crockpot Meals | The Happy Housewife
- 10 Days to a Godly Marriage | Women Living Well
- 10 Days of Growing Leaders | Mom’s Mustard Seeds
- 10 Days of Homeschooling High School | Weird Socialized Homeschoolers
- 10 days of I Wish I Had Known | Fruit in Season
- 10 days of Keeping Your Marbles | The Tie That Binds Us
- 10 days of Kid-friendly Food | Planner Perfect
- 10 Days of Language Arts Lesson Planning | Jimmie’s Collage
- 10 Days of Learning Apps | Daze of Adventure
- 10 Days of a Mason Jar Christmas | Cajun Joie de Vivre
- 10 Days of More JESUS in Christmas | Preschoolers and Peace
- 10 Days to a Peaceful Home | Raising Arrows
- 10 Days of Raising a Life-Long-Learner | Bright Ideas Press
- 10 days of Science with Math | Blog, She Wrote
- 10 days of Teaching Values | Our Journey Westward
- 10 days of Winning your Child’s Heart | I Take Joy