Edible Christmas Trees

christ5

Looking for an easy and yummy Christmas craft you can do with your kids this season? I guarantee they’ll love these edible Christmas trees!

IMG_2415

Ingredients:

• Sugar cones
  • Green frosting (Or white frosting with green food coloring added in)
  • Various sprinkles for decorating such as: Red Hots, mini-m&ms;, sprinkles, edible glitter etc.
  • Butter knife to spread frosting
  • Plastic tray or cookie sheet to work on. (I love these trays from Lakeshorewe use them for everything including beads, moon-sand, play-doh, glitter projects, anything that can be potentially disastrous to my kitchen.)

IMG_2406

Instructions:

• Spread green frosting all over cone.
  • Roll in sprinkles, glitter etc
  • Push on red-hots or mini m&m; for ornaments
  • Eat!

IMG_2411

Decorate as desired:

Then enjoy! It’s as simple as that, and these are so yummy and fun your kids will be asking to do them again!

• Wendy December 6, 2011 at 3:27 am

What a fab idea which I will be doing this weekend with my kiddos! x

• Cyndy December 6, 2011 at 5:53 am

So adorable!!!!

• The Happy Homeschool Mom December 6, 2011 at 8:03 am

We made these at our 4 H meeting and the kids loved it! We also used red licorice for garland.

• Mommy Cameron @ Raising the Cameron Clan December 6, 2011 at 9:06 am

What an awesome idea! These would be a perfect activity for our home learners group Christmas party and book exchange. I also like the idea of using licorice for garland from The Happy Homeschool Mom. Thanks for sharing.

• Lindsay @ BytesOfMemory December 6, 2011 at 10:31 am

We have this on our agenda this week as well! So fun!

• Annie Moffatt December 6, 2011 at 10:54 am

Way too cute!! I think we will try this and then hit the park to burn off all that sugar:) LOVE it!!

• `Jen December 6, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Cute idea!!! We’re going to do this too! We have kids fish oil gummy vitamins that are yellow or red glittery stars (plus glittery fish), so we will put one on top of our trees!

• Andrea December 6, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Your edible trees turned out great! We just did these, too! http://myhomeschooltale.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-tree-treats.html

Andrea @ myhomeschooltale.blogspot.com

• Bekah December 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm

my son saw this & really wants to do it. Time for a store run 🙂 looks simple yet fun

• melissa fleming December 8, 2011 at 12:12 am

think we will be doing this one as well. they will LOVE it!!

1 2

ericas_amazon

How to Homeschool Join MeHomeschool Organization e-courseHow to Teach Writing e-courseHow to Teach Reading e-course
How to Teach Math e-course
How to Teach Spelling e-course

About Me

About MeI am a Christian, a wife, and a homeschooling mom to four of the sweetest kiddos you'll ever meet. Our family has been greatly blessed by this blog and I pray that God uses it to bless your family as well. Confessions was started as a way to share resources, ideas and encouraging tips on how to make your homeschool fun! I hope you enjoy your visit!