Hi everyone, welcome to day 1 of our 2012 ~ 10 Days of Homeschooling Blog Hop! I absolutely love participating in this series because it’s always packed full of seriously AWESOME ideas from seriously AWESOME bloggers!
This year we have 28 bloggers participating! I believe that equals 280 posts full of educational activities and ideas for you! …I know, I’m a math wizard ;o)
Psst….GIVEAWAY ALERT!…at the end of the blog hop I’ll be offering a Giveaway for the ENTIRE set of Classical Literature unit studies, so make sure to enter at the bottom of this post!
This year my topic is 10 Days of Classic Literature. I’ve been working hard behind the scenes to create some super fun Unit Studies for some of the great Classical Literature out there! Over the next 10 days I will be sharing one unit study each day, for a total of 10 units you can go through with your students!
And at the end of this fantastic hop, I’ll be hosting a giveaway for all 10 units!
Each unit study contains educational lessons, activities and a fun lap book that your students will work on as they progress through the book. They also include book reports, vocabulary, critical thinking, and comprehension. These studies are geared towards grades Kindergarten-4th, but can probably be adapted for older students as well.
I really designed these units to be a fun addition to reading the classics. I didn’t want them to be too stressful for myself or my kiddos, but instead give them something fun to do along with the stories to help them remember what they’ve learned in a fun hands-on way. The lap books included are wonderful for reviewing subject matter, and a great creative interactive homeschooling tool.
So…with all that said, I’d like to introduce my first unit to you!
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is a fantastical adventure of a little girl who falls down a rabbit hole and into the fantasy world called “Wonderland”. The story plays with logic and literary nonsense, and is filled with poems and songs. Wonderland itself is a place filled with allegory, symbolism, and pure whimsy. This book is great for fostering children’s imagination and its narrative course and structure are credited with being enormously influential in the fantasy genre of literature.
In this unit students will assess characters, learn new vocabulary, write their own poem, and answer some of the core questions addressed in this novel.
Here is a sample of the lap book that students will create during the course of the study.
The units also include forms for predicting story plots, character analysis, identifying the protagonist and antagonist, a story timeline, and a final book report on the novel.
What’s the cost? Each unit is only $2.00!
Can’t wait? You can get the whole set of 10 Classical Literature Units at a discount! Click below:
Since I love to give things away for free, I’m offering a giveaway for all 10 Literature units!
Simple leave a comment below to enter to win! I’ll be choosing 1 winner from all 10 days of comments, so make sure to come back and leave a comment for each study release!
Additional Optional Entries: (not required to win, leave a separate comment on this post for each additional entry)
- Join my Google+ Circle!
- Like Confessions on Facebook
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler or Subscribe via RSS
- Follow Confessions on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy the text below:
Enter to win the Classic Lit Unit Pack from @ericahomeschool! Enter thru 4/27/11! http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/?p=8150
Nitty Gritty Giveaway Details:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday April 27, 2012. Winner will be announced by Monday April 30, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- This giveaway is offered to US residents only!
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- NOTE: In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on my blog post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and fill in the “Speak Your Mind” form. (If you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: I am offering a pack of all 10 unit studies for giveaway on my blog.
Click any of the buttons below to visit my 10 Day Series posts!
The 10 Days Series is organized by iHomeschool Network, a collaboration of outstanding homeschool bloggers who connect with each other and with family-friendly companies in mutually beneficial projects. Visit us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. And of course, click the image below to visit all the 10 Days posts from these homeschool moms of the iHomeschool Network.