I have a fun Creation to Resurrection Historical Timeline set to share with you today!
Why create a timeline?
Timelines are a wonderful way to see all of history in one glance! They make it easier to see when things happened, as well as what was happening before, during, and after certain events. They’re also great for visual learners and kinesthetic learners as they are a hands-on approach to learning the history of our world! Since your children will be coloring and filling in some of the information on each figure, they’ll remember the event, person, or thing much better than just reading about it in a book. It’s much like putting together a puzzle, using a timeline will help students make all of the connections between historical events as they place each piece.
(Not all figures shown)
This download includes 142 individual timeline figures that students can add to a timeline wall or binder as they learn. This set of figures was created to cover main figures in history from creation to the resurrection, and can be used with most history curricula that covers the same time period.
As you progress through your curriculum, you can have students cut out the appropriate timeline figure, color the piece, and add in the appropriate dates for each item. Once completed, students can add the figures to their timeline. Figures in this set are approximately 2” x 2” each.
How do I make a timeline?
There are several ways you can create a timeline for your students. The amount of wall space, or storage space will be a determining factor in your choice of styles. Here are a few ways to help you get started!
- Bulletin board or wall: Use colorful bulletin board paper to your wall, and add some fun historical themed Bulletin boarder strips. Write a line using a sharpie across the bulletin paper. As students go through their history curriculum, have them glue or tape the figures onto the paper and add in dates using pen or sharpie.
- 3-ring binder: Add several sheets of copy paper to a binder. Draw a horizontal line across each page using a sharpie. Students can add in their timeline figures along with dates or other notes as they go.
- Accordion Book: Tape together several pieces of cardstock along one edge, then accordion fold it so you have a timeline that may be pulled out as needed, then folded for easy storage.
- For more timeline creation ideas visit Squidoo.
Now to share a little love for all of my readers! I’m giving away one FREE copy of the Creation to Resurrection Timeline Figures!
Mandatory Entry for Giveaway:
Additional Optional Entries:
- Tweet about this giveaway:
Enter to win a FREE set of Timeline Figures from @ericashomeschool, enter through 7/13/12 http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/?p=9630
- Pin this giveaway then come back and let me know you did!
- Like Confessions of a Homeschooler on FB
- Follow Confessions on Twitter
(Yes, you can enter if you already follow or subscribe, I love my readers! )
Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday July 13, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday July 15, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- NOTE: This giveaway is offered to US residents only.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on THIS post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and click “Post a comment” (Facebook comments will not count, if you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: I created this product, and am offering it free to one winner.