Summer Boredom Busters: Water Balloon Fun

waterballonfights

Okay, so today I have the easiest of all summer boredom busters for you! It’s just good old fashioned water balloons!

IMG_7154web

Supplies:

• Water Balloons
  • Water
  • Buckets

IMG_7173webIMG_7172web

We purchased the above container of water balloons from Wal-m*rt. They were really cheap, and even came with a hose attachment which came in very handy for filling up balloons!

Directions:

1. Fill balloons
  2. Let kiddos toss into buckets for points, or have a good old fashioned water balloon fight!

Next we set up a few games for the kiddos.

IMG_7162web

We did a balloon toss, where they got points for hitting their ring. Inevitably it ended up in a good ole’ fashioned water balloon fight!

IMG_7160web

Hope you have fun keeping cool this summer!

• Zaira @ LLLN July 25, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Fun, my son would love this!

• melissa July 25, 2012 at 5:34 pm

fun! But if you’re doing water balloons you need to get a “tie-not”. We got ours from Amazon last year but I just saw them at Walmart. It’s a plastic device that helps you tie them super fast and saves your fingers from all the pain. We did over 200 for my son’s bday party this weekend very easily!

• bekki July 26, 2012 at 8:09 am

Thank you for sharing this! My six year old will be thrilled that he can “tie” his own balloons!!!

• bekki July 26, 2012 at 7:53 am

Two things.
    First I did a short feature on you today for my readers. I have been so blessed and encouraged by your blog that I wanted to share your wealth of knowledge with more homeschoolers.

Second: Aren’t water balloons the best? I ran a VBS playstation one year in San Diego where I had to fill a literal 1,000 balloons each night for game time. My boys are still amazed that I can arm them so quickly for wter battle!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

• Aprille August 15, 2012 at 6:17 am

I had some water balloon fun with my toddler! Blogged about it and made a video here: http://www.beautifulinhistime.com/blog/water-balloons-on-a-rainy-day

• Aprille August 15, 2012 at 6:20 am

Hi I love this idea. I recently tried it with my toddler and the results were TONS OF FUN! check it out here! http://www.beautifulinhistime.com/blog/water-balloons-on-a-rainy-day

• Camera Christmas Deals 2012 December 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Amazing article. I have been looking to fully understand this topic and be able to teach other folks. I think you have wonderful ideas here together with proven results. The question is: Is there a approach to really get all your tips here in the type of an ebook Do you have a book written on this subject The reason why Im requesting is that I dont get constant access to the internet. Therefore, a book could really help me to make consultation even when there is no access to the internet.