Hi everyone! Are you looking for a fun way to teach addition to your children that doesn’t involve flashcards in the typical way? Well, look no further! I created this fun game called “Add It!” and I wanted to share it with you all today!
(Note: I edited the game board so it now goes left to right. This picture is opposite what the board looks like in the download. Thanks for the suggestion Gwendolyn, that does make more sense!)
How to play the game:
- Take an addition flashcard and place it on the game board.
- Using any manipulative of your choice, place the correct amount
of objects into the top green box based on the top number on the
- Place the correct amount of objects into the middle yellow box
based on the bottom number on the addition flashcard.
- Using the “Scoop”, scoop all of the objects from the green box &
the yellow box, down into the blue box.
- Count the total of objects and place the correct number card
onto the bottom of the addition flashcard.
- Pick a new card and play again!
The download includes:
- Addition flashcards for numbers 0-9 (ie: 1+1, 1+2, 1+3…1+9)
- 1-20 answer number cards
- A game board
- 4 “Add It” scoops (I glued mine to cardboard then cut them out to make them more durable.)
Hope you have fun!