2012curriculum.jpg

Our Curriculum 2012-2013

Hi everyone! I’ve been getting several emails wondering what our 2012-2013 homeschool curriculum choices are! I’ve been planning like crazy, and trying to get everything in order.  For now this is what we’ve chosen to do, we haven’t officially started yet, so its still subject to change…because I’m crazy like that!

2012curriculum

So without further ado, here is our curriculum line up for the 2013-2013 school year!

teenytot

Teeny Tot (Preschool)

DSC_7223act

Tinkerbell (First Grade)

DSC_7212actDSC_7333alter

Turbo (3rd grade) & Strawberry Shortcake (4th Grade)

This week is the iHomeschool Network Back-to-school Blog Hop, and this week everyone is sharing their curriculum plans! Make sure to hop over to the iHomeschool Network blog to see what others are doing!

nbts-blog-hop-calendar-2012

More awesome curriculum ideas available on my website:

Letter of the Week:

LOTW_AD

K4 Curriculum:

K4_AD

Road Trip USA & Road Trip USA Animals!

RT_AD

Expedition Earth World Geography:

EE_AD

Expedition Earth World Animals:

EEA_AD

World’s Greatest Artists Vol. 1

ART_AD

World’s Greatest Composers Vol 1

composerspromo

Classic Literature Unit Studies

litunitpromo

• laura August 7, 2012 at 5:10 am

hi Erica~

thanks for posting all the great info that you do! i appreciate all the helpful mommy blogs i come across 🙂 i had a question about Math u See. i’m thinking of using it the next year around and was wondering if you own 1 set of manipulative blocks and if your kiddos share or if you own multiple sets and what works for you? thank you !

• Lorelie Yuzek November 6, 2012 at 8:54 pm

• Lorelie Yuzek November 6, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Hi Laura not sure if you still need to know, but one set should be enough! There are lots of extras and not every lessons requires blocks either. Hope you like Math-U-See! Love this curriculum!

• Sarah Beals August 7, 2012 at 7:42 am

I haven’t even thought about hmschl for the fall…isn’t that what 2 day shipping is for? No, seriously, my oldest is leaving for college in a few weeks, and I will order after she goes back. We are savoring every last moment of summer. 🙂 Love your adorable site!!

• Virginia Briggs August 7, 2012 at 8:31 am

Looks like our 1st graders are doing alot of the same things this year 🙂 It will be interesting to follow and get some ideas from you. Question…my 1st grader is doing AAS and A Beka Language Arts 1 also, I see you also have yours doing Letters & Sounds as well, do you think that is needed since she is doing AAS too? Thanks again for all your great info and for answering all my emails lol! God Bless!

• Virginia Briggs August 7, 2012 at 8:44 am

Hi Erica! I’m glad you posted this, it looks like our 1st graders are using alot of the same curriculum this year. It will be nice to follow along with you and get some ideas, which I could use since this is our first year! Question for you…my daughter is also using AAS and A Beka Language 1, do you suggest using the A Beka Letters & Sounds in addition to AAS? I wasn’t sure if we would need it. Thanks for all your greatr info and for answering all my emails lol! God Bless 🙂 (Sorry if this is a repost, my computer doesn’t like me today)

• Sarah August 7, 2012 at 9:29 am

I can’t wait to do the Classic Literature Units you put together! Girl – you are AMAZING with all that you offer on your site! I’m always passing on your site to others. Hope your year is great. I love reading about your homeschooling adventures! Blessings!

• sarah September 5, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Hi there,

Just wondering if the Classic Literature Units can take the place of Sonlights literature units? Or would it be something to combine?

• Charis August 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I know you’ve supplemented some other math with Math U See in the past. I’m about halfway through Alpha with my first grader and she is mastering her addition facts well, but it seems like she has not learned many topics that other math books cover in kindergarten and first grade (such as fractions, time, money, etc.). Do you have any suggestions of things you’ve used to supplement Math U See? Thanks.

• Mariah August 7, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Hi Erica!

I was just curious as to what happened to Mystery of History? I thought I read earlier that was the history you were using? The Answers for Kids bible curriculum looked fabulous when I looked at it at convention! Have a great year!

• Kamilah August 7, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I am looking at Family Time Fitness for us this year. I was wondering what kind of equipment is needed? Is there alot of things that I would need to purchase to be bale to use most of the lesson plans?

• Kristen August 9, 2012 at 6:15 am

Hi Erica,
    I know you love All About Reading Press and was wondering why you decided on ABeka for your 1st grader this year. I have a kindergartener and I have chosen, I think :), All About Reading for her phonics…but looked at Abeka as well. Thank you!!
    Kristen

• Rebecca September 18, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I’m curious as well……

• Misty January 28, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I am also curious. I am already thinking about kindergarten for next year. I have looked at the All About Reading curriculum but not sure as to choose level 1 or the Pre-reading. He cannot read yet, but he does know all the letters and their sounds. I noticed you did not choose it for this year.

• Misty February 2, 2013 at 6:49 am

I’ve emailed her, and I don’t think she can/will answer this question.

• Amber Richards August 10, 2012 at 8:15 am

Curious as to why you aren’t doing All About Reading Level 2…. I am going to do level 1 with my kindergartener so I am curious. 🙂

1 2 3